Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anthro 2PC3 kousharee 2nd Year Course Reviews 2 11-10-2016 01:43 PM

Chem 2PC3 or Math 1AA3?

Old 06-03-2014 at 07:21 PM   #1
AliR0xs

Liked: 0 Times

Chem 2PC3 or Math 1AA3?
Would it be more beneficial if I took Math 1AA3 over the summer or took Chem 2PC3 during Term 1? Keep in mind I have taken math 1bo3

How useful would Chem 2PC3 be for Chem 2PD3 and Chem 3PA3 or is Math 1AA3 good enough?
Old 06-03-2014 at 09:51 PM   #2
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliR0xs View Post
Would it be more beneficial if I took Math 1AA3 over the summer or took Chem 2PC3 during Term 1? Keep in mind I have taken math 1bo3

How useful would Chem 2PC3 be for Chem 2PD3 and Chem 3PA3 or is Math 1AA3 good enough?
I took Math 1AA3 and 1B03. I had a bit of a tough time with the math in 2PD3 at first, but pulled it together and got an 11 in the course. Since you've already taken 1B03, I don't really think there's a huge reason to take 1AA3 (not really any overlap in material with 2PD3). I think taking 2PC3 might have been beneficial, since it looks at the math from a chemistry standpoint, but I don't know since I didn't take it. If you do well in 2PD3 you'll probably be fine in 3PA3 regardless of what other courses you took (I got the same mark as in 2PD3 after he bumped them up).

Don't know if this was helpful, but let me know if you have any more questions and I'll try my best to answer.
Old 06-05-2014 at 06:03 PM   #3
whazzapyoo

Liked: 0 Times

You'll be fine with either 2PC3 or 1B03 + 1AA3, though 2PC3 does have more of a "chemistry" twist to its material. Generally, we didn't see a huuuge amount of overlap with 2PC3 and 2PD3, but still there were some familiar thermodynamics concepts.

Just a heads up that 2PC3 was generally an easy-ish class. I took 2PC3 with Dr. Dumont last year and there's plenty of mark boosters in the class, like assignments and avenue quizzes. Dr. Dumont also does the best to ensure you get the best possible mark in the class, by making very do-able midterms and bellcurving when necessary. He's also very receptive to feedback. But I can't help you with the difficulty/marking scheme of Math 1AA3 as I didn't take it.
Old 06-05-2014 at 09:25 PM   #4
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

I'd go with 1AA3 just to avoid Dumont