MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-31-2011 at 02:49 AM   #1
zhq0559

Liked: 0 Times

Chem Bio 4GG9
I would like some advices on Chem Bio 4GG9........
Old 08-31-2011 at 08:49 AM   #2
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Wouldn't we all?
But I doubt any of the 4th year chem bio students are on this forum anymore seeing as they've just graduated and are starting professional/grad school next week
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 08-31-2011 at 04:10 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Hi Jane What sort of advice? I'm not sure it's something we can answer properly, though...if you have any specific questions, you'll probably get the best answer from Dr McKenzie.
Old 09-01-2011 at 12:03 PM   #4
zhq0559

Liked: 0 Times

Haha....It is just that the school will start soon and I am kinda nervous about it....
Old 09-02-2011 at 12:18 PM   #5
FoodChemist

Liked: 2 Times

Talk with your prof, arrange a meeting and talk to him/her about the project, about what has been done, about what they are going to do. <-- I'm sure you've done that already
I'm sure Dr. McKenzie can help if you find yourself in trouble. I'm working with one of Dr. Berti's grad students and I've got a meeting with the 2 of them on Tues to talk about what I can do for their project. I think it'll basically be similar to our 2L03 and 3L03 labs but different in that we aren't working with our classmates on similar experiments (i.e. class assay). There will, for sure, be something that is applicable to your project from the two lab courses whether it's technique, theory, or experience. There will also, for sure, be a whole bunch of new things to learn and get used to. That's ok as long as you are flexible, which is important in science.

It's really like a research situation (at least for me) in that if something works that's great, if it doesn't it's not necessarily your fault but you would have to scratch your head, stare at the experiment for a bit and figure something out with your grad student/supervisor. Different profs and graduate students have different ways of doing things, just go in with an open mind.

^I don't know if all that BLAH BLAH answers anything... but it's my view on things so far through my meetings with Dr. Berti last term and last week.