Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help, anyone taking chembio 2P03 Kira Academics 0 09-12-2009 09:03 PM

chembio 2P03

Old 06-16-2011 at 09:25 PM   #1
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

chembio 2P03
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has taken chembio 2P03 before and could give me some feedback on the course? I'll be taking physics 1b03 and orgo at the same time with chembio and I'm just afraid I will be overwhelmed. The professor is Kruse this term. How did everyone find this course?Thanks for any help!
Old 06-16-2011 at 09:33 PM   #2
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has taken chembio 2P03 before and could give me some feedback on the course? I'll be taking physics 1b03 and orgo at the same time with chembio and I'm just afraid I will be overwhelmed. The professor is Kruse this term. How did everyone find this course?Thanks for any help!
i did a course review on this course. check that out.

last year with dr. kruse it was a joke, 5 midterms + 3 parts to the exam, 20% each so basically you get to drop your 3 lowest assessments. by the end the midterms were really easy, class average for the course was in the mid 70s i believe...

anaC, justinsftw all say thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 06-16-2011 at 10:03 PM   #3
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
i did a course review on this course. check that out.

last year with dr. kruse it was a joke, 5 midterms + 3 parts to the exam, 20% each so basically you get to drop your 3 lowest assessments. by the end the midterms were really easy, class average for the course was in the mid 70s i believe...
Ohhh, that sounds pretty fair. I'm scared [email protected]#less though about having chem2Oa3 and physics 1b03 together as well as Bio2b03. I'm pretty horrible at physics so I'm afraid I'll end up getting demolished haha.
Old 06-19-2011 at 05:13 PM   #4
biochemer

Liked: 11 Times

Bio 2B03 with Dej is easy and straightforward, just go to lectures.
Practice Practice Practice Orgo..and its possible to get a 10 or higher
As for physics..CAPA will be a pain, but it does give u practice for tests.
And Chembio 2P03..this course has been changing for the past two years...when I had it two years ago, we had a bad prof and so the format was messed up...and for all you know, Kruse might have just been experiementing last year, so the format might change....biggest advice for this course is to GO TO TUTORIALS..and get all the answers from the TAs for practice questions
Hope that helps

Angoose, BlueWave all say thanks to biochemer for this post.
Old 07-12-2011 at 02:05 PM   #5
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biochemer View Post
Bio 2B03 with Dej is easy and straightforward, just go to lectures.
Practice Practice Practice Orgo..and its possible to get a 10 or higher
As for physics..CAPA will be a pain, but it does give u practice for tests.
And Chembio 2P03..this course has been changing for the past two years...when I had it two years ago, we had a bad prof and so the format was messed up...and for all you know, Kruse might have just been experiementing last year, so the format might change....biggest advice for this course is to GO TO TUTORIALS..and get all the answers from the TAs for practice questions
Hope that helps

Yeahhh, I heard chembio2p03 was changed to a pass/fail basis. I really don't want to take physics at the same time as orgo since I had Chem1AA3 and Physics1L03 at the same time last year and didn't end up spending as much time as I had hoped for physics (did not do that well). However, I think I need to have the physics done if I want to apply for pharm at the end of the year for UofT (any confirm?!).
Old 07-12-2011 at 02:26 PM   #6
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Yeahhh, I heard chembio2p03 was changed to a pass/fail basis. I really don't want to take physics at the same time as orgo since I had Chem1AA3 and Physics1L03 at the same time last year and didn't end up spending as much time as I had hoped for physics (did not do that well). However, I think I need to have the physics done if I want to apply for pharm at the end of the year for UofT (any confirm?!).
If you have grade 12 physics you don't have to worry about the physics requirement. Otherwise yes two semesters of physics at university level is required. I'm not sure you have to finish before you apply or not. Like you might have to finish them by the time you enter pharmacy school or something like that could be a possibility. Though you're going to end up doing two years anyway, might as well get it done sooner than later.
Old 07-12-2011
tily4theboys
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-12-2011 at 03:01 PM   #7
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
If you have grade 12 physics you don't have to worry about the physics requirement. Otherwise yes two semesters of physics at university level is required. I'm not sure you have to finish before you apply or not. Like you might have to finish them by the time you enter pharmacy school or something like that could be a possibility. Though you're going to end up doing two years anyway, might as well get it done sooner than later.

I heard that we had to be done at the time we apply, but yeah the poster below you is right. I'm in a pretty big mess haha. I didn't think I'd need 11/12 physics. I'm wondering if there's some way I can take physics1b03 online or something? I was thinking of doing grade 12 physics online, but I don't have the 11 prerequisite :S.
Old 07-12-2011 at 04:35 PM   #8
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I found Kruse to be a very fair prof who really gave a crap about his students. In my interactions with him, he was always approachable and did his best to make sure we understood the concepts. He doesgo through some material a bit quickly, but I recomend getting the extra help. I found the course interesting, my bigest problem was that math is challenging for me and I wasted a lot of time doing the derivations for the formulas instead of just understanding how and when to apply them. You don't need to know the derivations; just be able to follow along and understand when each is applicable. If you need more information, just ask

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-18-2011 at 10:44 PM   #9
Angoose
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I found Kruse to be a very fair prof who really gave a crap about his students. In my interactions with him, he was always approachable and did his best to make sure we understood the concepts. He doesgo through some material a bit quickly, but I recomend getting the extra help. I found the course interesting, my bigest problem was that math is challenging for me and I wasted a lot of time doing the derivations for the formulas instead of just understanding how and when to apply them. You don't need to know the derivations; just be able to follow along and understand when each is applicable. If you need more information, just ask
Would you say that the course is mostly theory or mostly math?
Old 09-13-2011 at 06:52 PM   #10
doublefudge

Liked: 0 Times

Hi there, so why are there so many derivative questions on the homework? What exactly are we going to be tested on that needs derivatives? Will the tests consist of questions that ask us to integrate functions with respect to x?