MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BIOCHEM 2EE3 requisites? iirynaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-12-2010 12:21 PM
Help with registering course...You do not have the academic requisites for course: BI Porsche Academics 6 06-14-2010 01:24 PM
Academic requisites for course SFWR ENG 2DA4? wendy0519 General Discussion 9 06-22-2009 07:45 PM

Chemical and Bioengineering requisites failed?

Old 06-15-2010 at 01:19 AM   #1
John Dagger

Liked: 0 Times

Chemical and Bioengineering requisites failed?
Ok, so I'm going into chemical and bioengineering level 2 and everything I have is alright except for one course! HTH SCI 2L03 Apparently I do not have the requisites for this course, but I cannot find out what they are. I can't get a hold of anyone in the faculties that might know what it is. Could it end up being that because I did not take Gym class in Grade 12 that I cannot take a course in bioengineering second year? Any suggestions, or should I try to switch into a different stream like just Chemical engineering?
Old 06-15-2010 at 01:49 AM   #2
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

The undergraduate calendar's not loading right now, or else I would check for you. Check the undergraduate calendar for HTH SCI 2L03 when you can (under the specific course code, not the program) and see what the prerequisites are. SOLAR should also tell you which prerequisite you don't have when you try to add the course and it rejects you.

If you finally get to the course and it's full, but it's required for your program (and it somehow turns out this is just a SOLAR error, and there are no prerequisites) contact an advisor in the Health Science department (go on to the mac website and find the department page for Health Sci - there will be a list of contacts there, somewhere). They will probably give you a seat.

If you are currently taking the prerequisite right now, contact that same person in the Health Sci department and ask for a prerequisite waiver so that you can sign up for the course, at least.

And if this is a SOLAR error or something email/CALL (which is better) the Associate Dean's office of your faculty and explain your situation to them.

Hope that helps!

John Dagger likes this.
Old 06-15-2010 at 01:57 PM   #3
John Dagger

Liked: 0 Times

Ok I figured it out. I had to add the course HTH SCI 1BS0 first, which is a lab safety course worth no credits. Simple mistake on my part, thanks for the help though.
Old 06-17-2010 at 08:49 PM   #4
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

LOL no problem
Old 06-17-2010 at 09:16 PM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dagger View Post
Ok, so I'm going into chemical and bioengineering level 2 and everything I have is alright except for one course! HTH SCI 2L03 Apparently I do not have the requisites for this course, but I cannot find out what they are. I can't get a hold of anyone in the faculties that might know what it is. Could it end up being that because I did not take Gym class in Grade 12 that I cannot take a course in bioengineering second year? Any suggestions, or should I try to switch into a different stream like just Chemical engineering?

You obviously didn't sacrifice a small animal under the light of a full moon. SOLAR refuses to let you get a full course load without that.