chemistry question Mamber Academics 0 12-05-2009 10:01 AM
Notebook prices question Afzal General Discussion 19 08-09-2009 04:37 PM

Chemistry Lab Notebook Question

Old 10-03-2009 at 07:22 PM   #1
charlie101

Liked: 0 Times

Chemistry Lab Notebook Question
Hey everyone,

I need to buy a new lab notebook for Monday, and I was just wondering if there is anywhere else I could get it from, besides Titles (it's the Carbon copy one). If not, does anyone know if Titles would happen to have it in stock?
Old 10-03-2009 at 07:56 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Titles should have it in stock, you can also try checking the store in the Health Sci centre (I forget what it's called), but I've definitely seen them there before.

charlie101 likes this.
Old 10-03-2009 at 08:07 PM   #3
charlie101

Thank-you so much, Sara! Did you, by any chance, see the notebooks recently?

And if anyone happens to have an unused chem lab notebook for sale, I am definitely in need of one and would be very interested in buying one.
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:28 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

To be honest, I was there about 10 days ago, so I'm not sure if they're still there, but I'll as around for you! And I'm sure even if they're out of stock, they should be ordering more to fit the number of people in Chem!

I'll ask around for you to see if anyone's selling it, and I'll get back to you! I knew a few people who were thinking of dropping chem!

alessandro91 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:32 PM   #5
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Dropping chem now means some sort of penalty doesn't it?
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:33 PM   #6
mcinside
Elite Member

p.s-(off topic) do you happen to have Hatala's email Sara?
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:33 PM   #7
alessandro91

Liked: 3 Times

Thanks so much Sara, you're awesome! I appreciate it so much. I'll definitely check out Titles and the other book stores as well, thank-you!

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:37 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinside View Post
Dropping chem now means some sort of penalty doesn't it?
Most of the ones I know are upper-years or shadowing a program and such. So I guess they don't have to.. (LUCKY).

PS- I have it somewhere in my papers, hopefully I have it with me here (I'm home), I'll look for it and send it to you in a message.
Old 10-03-2009 at 11:39 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro91 View Post
Thanks so much Sara, you're awesome! I appreciate it so much. I'll definitely check out Titles and the other book stores as well, thank-you!
No problem alessandro! Glad I can help, and I'll be in HSC on Monday anyway, so it won't be too much of a problem!
Old 10-04-2009 at 12:33 AM   #10
charlie101

Lol, the joys of misplacing a lab book! (Btw, the other account was me as well; a friend logged onto my computer and I forgot to log him out).

Edit: By the way, someone from the forum has offered to sell me a chem lab book. I will be buying it tomorrow. MacInsiders is so awesome

Last edited by charlie101 : 10-04-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2009 at 01:05 AM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Shoot! What happened to it, if I may ask ?

PS- Haha, that explains it
Old 10-04-2009 at 01:09 AM   #12
charlie101

I have absolutely no idea. I probably left it somewhere. I was unable to attend my first lab due to a personal reason (I have a make-up at the end of the year), so there wasn't anything in the lab book to begin with, so it's not like there was anything to study off of, but still...I guess it is better an unused lab book, than something more valuable.....
Old 10-04-2009 at 01:22 AM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

I'm sorry to hear that! But you're absolutely right, it's better empty than full of information! Definitely nothing to stress over! And besides, there's way too many books to keep track of.. for me anyway
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:50 PM   #14
mcinside
Elite Member

Come to think of it, I almost lost my safety goggles this way.
I thought I had it with me after my chem lab, but then when I took out my lab coat I realized that I didn't have it anymore. After much searching and friend-asking I finally found out that my TA had it. I had apparently left it on the lab bench without noticing it.
Omg I would have hated it if I had to buy new safety goggles when I used it only once. And it's like 40 bucks =S. Thankfully I didn't have to but it still would hurt.. I wonder if you can buy used safety goggles.
Old 10-04-2009 at 10:02 PM   #15
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinside View Post
Come to think of it, I almost lost my safety goggles this way.
I thought I had it with me after my chem lab, but then when I took out my lab coat I realized that I didn't have it anymore. After much searching and friend-asking I finally found out that my TA had it. I had apparently left it on the lab bench without noticing it.
Omg I would have hated it if I had to buy new safety goggles when I used it only once. And it's like 40 bucks =S. Thankfully I didn't have to but it still would hurt.. I wonder if you can buy used safety goggles.
I'm pretty sure you can't for... hygienic reasons? The store won't buy them back. But you can always just borrow a friends if you're only taking it this year. They had a bunch at the lost and found sale at the beginning of the year. TONSSSSSS of lab coats too so if you lose yours during the summer, just wait for the sale and buy one for like 2 bucks.

I love that sale. You can get mac calculators (the ones we use) for $5