Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Tutorial? Patrick.O Academics 2 08-09-2010 09:12 AM

Chemistry Lab/Tutorial

Old 08-12-2011 at 02:43 PM   #1
IBB9780

Liked: 1 Time

Chemistry Lab/Tutorial
So I understand that for Chem 1A03 you must have the same Lab/Tutorial # - On SOLAR it says that a Lab slot is available and yet the corresponding Tutorial is full...

Am I missing something?
Old 08-12-2011 at 03:35 PM   #2
FoodChemist

Liked: 2 Times

Hmm I guess they've changed it...tutorials used to be optional and you weren't assigned to one. You best email the chemistry deparment undergrad admin Cathy Bottos: [email protected] . Explain the problem to her and she can free up a slot for you.
Old 08-12-2011 at 05:03 PM   #3
alicesphu

Liked: 0 Times

o__________o" really...i didn't know that. my tutorials are all random :S
Old 08-12-2011 at 05:59 PM   #4
macVIRK

Liked: 0 Times

its okay if your tutorial for other classes besides chemistry are random because you will usually have those every week and are mandatory like bio 1m03. but for chemistry if your lab is say monday at 2:30 you would go to your lab, then go to your tutorial next monday since labs are every other week
Old 08-12-2011 at 06:30 PM   #5
FoodChemist

Liked: 2 Times

Sorry for the confusion... I meant to say the tutorials for chem 1A03/1AA3 used to be unscheduled and optional. There used to be only a few 1 hr slots and open to anyone but I think due to the massive amount of people attending and flooding the TA with questions they decided to make them fixed.

If your course has a scheduled tutorial (i.e. appears on your timetable) that's the one you should be attending because they may take attendance. Each course is set up a little differently so make sure you read each course outline when you attend the first lectures.