Atmosphere
100%100%100%
Service
100%100%100%
Overall Experience
100%100%100%
Average 98%
Chez Cora

Chez Cora, otherwise known as Cora's is a great breakfast eatery. Today my housemates and a couple friends went for a brunch-house-reunion and we were very pleased with the establishment. The atmosphere is a unique one; a mixture of your grandmothers kitchen and cute signs displaying specials and favourite dishes adorning the walls.

The food is great and filling, the prices are reasonable. I had a "Sunshine" Panini-Crepe which consisted of a MOUND of fresh fruit (kiwi, banana, strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, red grapes, honey dew melon) and a crepe filled with ham, cheese and egg grilled and wrapped like a panini. It was delicious! There is a huge variety to choose from on the menu, which means if you're not an eggs for breakfast person you won't be left in the cold! The menu focuses on eating healthy so most of the dishes are accompanied by a lot of fruit. Other dishes that my group had include:

Pes Oeufs Benet Dictine (Eggs Benedict) with fruit and home fries
Crepomelette (western omelette inside) with hollandaise sauce fruit and toast
"Theo" omelette (veggie omelette option) with fruit, toast, and home fries
1990's Harvest: consists of french toast, eggs and fruit
"Bobby Button": consists of your choice of omelette inside a crepe with a mound of fruit
Yogurt Harvest Crunch: consists of granola, yogurt, english cream, an assortment of fruit with honey on top and an English muffin on the side.

Everyone was well satisfied and full after their meal. I can't speak for my friends but I paid 13.00 and some change. Most of the meals ranged from 8-12 dollars depending on the size of the dish. There is also a lunch menu but that is only available from Mon-Fri.

There's only one problem with Cora's: It's so popular that there's always a line! The wait is well worth it though and the people who work there know how to keep things running smoothly so you're not standing around for an outrageous amount of time. There are currently 8 Cora's in Ontario (it originated in Montreal) and the closest ones to us are Burlington and Ancaster, we went to the Ancaster location.

Visit the website for locations and more menu options! I highly recommend it!
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Chez Cora!

Old 01-12-2009 at 12:28 PM   #2
nh999
Elite Member
Program: Physiology
Year: Alumni

Liked: 15 Times
I would definitely agree that Cora's is worth a visit. I've been there twice (different locations), and found the atmosphere very inviting and bright. Though it is a bit expensive, it is worth its price because servings are pretty large. There is a wide variety of crepes, and as said above, the food is very nutritious and usually filled with delicious fruit! I also encourage you to try the smoothies..mmm I enjoyed a strawberry one last time.

Other than the line-ups, another con is that it closes early, since it serves breakfast and lunch only. The ones that I went to opened pretty early, but closed at 3:00. But not to worry, you'll only want to enjoy these foods in the morning/lunchtime anyway...

Just as a side note, there are actually around 20 Cora's in Ontario according to that site (there are already at least 10 in the GTA).
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 02-14-2009 at 03:31 PM   #3
furrys
Faculty: Humanities
Year: Second
Residence: socs

Liked: 0 Times
I love Coras! I thought it was exlclusive to Quebec for the longest time, and it wasn't until my last year at Mac that I realized there was one in the area. Definitely worth the visit (if you have a car, quite the trip otherwise).
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:19 AM   #4
s133
Year: First

it is sound pretty good. i must be try!!
Old 06-12-2012 at 02:12 PM   #5
leem35
Faculty: Arts & Science
Year: Second

a bit pricey but awesome food!!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search