MacInsiders Logo

Civ Engineering II

Old 06-14-2010 at 05:18 PM   #1
Sasha

Liked: 8 Times

Civ Engineering II
Basically could someone tell me aboot books and stuff, like for example with first year the C03 text was useless + you could get the dl online. Stuff like that?
Also just to make sure we don't have electives right?
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:35 PM   #2
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1207.html

Nope, you you have electives in third and fourth year, so you can always do them ahead of time or in the summer.

Also, the general consensus is that the Eng 2P04 book is unnecessary, but if you want extra problems to do then feel free to buy it.

If so, I've got a copy to sell. =p

Someone actually in Civ can tell you about the other courses though.
Old 06-29-2010 at 08:17 PM   #3
nick.smith

Liked: 0 Times

any course you have with John Wilson, you don't really need the texts. He doesn't use them at all throughout the year just his notes and practice problems. However some of his exam questions may be straight from the book, but still doable with his notes if you know your stuff
Old 06-29-2010 at 08:32 PM   #4
BenTran

Liked: 3 Times

No electives. There's 6 courses first term and 5 courses second term.
Old 07-05-2010 at 12:35 PM   #5
Broski

Hey guys, i'm kid of new to MacInsiders so I'm still trying to find my way around..
but anyways, i found this thread and thought i should post my question on here..so does anyone know what the deadline is for registration into Civil Engineering (2nd Year)?
Old 07-05-2010 at 03:02 PM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broski View Post
..so does anyone know what the deadline is for registration into Civil Engineering (2nd Year)?
... 4 months ago?
Old 07-05-2010 at 11:15 PM   #7
Broski

ok i think you misunderstood me..what I meant was, I have been accepted into Civil Engineering but now there must be a deadline by which we have to select our courses and stuff..so does anyone know when that deadline is?
Old 07-05-2010 at 11:36 PM   #8
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

4 weeks ago?
Old 07-05-2010 at 11:44 PM   #9
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Last day for registering (Drop and Add) for Terms 1 & 3 is Sep. 17 taken from:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /getre...eadlines2.html
Is that what you are looking for?

4 weeks ago was when SOLAR opened up for you and you could start selecting courses but you do not need to register on that day of course. Luckily your in engineering were most of the time (unless you in society in which case your screwed?) we get no electives so you do not need to fight for them on SOLAR haha.

What you should do though is go to the ENG office or call/email and talk with them to be absolutely sure though!

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 07-05-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2010
Pavneet
This message has been removed by a moderator. .