MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Engineering - Notes & Textbooks jawwadmq Academics 0 09-01-2012 04:45 PM
2nd Year Civil Engineering Brandon.Brad Academics 3 08-20-2012 04:53 PM
Civil engineering streams jawwadmq Academics 3 08-14-2011 06:04 PM
Engineering Level 2: Civil OSid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-18-2011 07:00 PM

civil engineering

Old 10-20-2012 at 10:06 PM   #16
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
You should reevaluate your priorities in life and consider what kind of person you are.
That guy is a troll. He obviously thinks that engineers just scratch asses thoughtout university, and get a 1000000+++ salaries afterwards. He obviously confused us with doctors.

I say don't feed the troll.
Old 10-21-2012 at 02:04 AM   #17
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just want the highest paying job (6 figures) while having it easy during university. What should I do then if eng is not that??
I thought a bit similar out of high school, but honestly the more you are in university, the more you realize that money isn't everything.

Also if you want to make that much money, you are going to have to work hard for it both inside and outside school. If it was so easy to make that much, everyone would do it.
Old 10-21-2012 at 08:49 AM   #18
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

The troll's desire is the epitome of our Academic system, embodied in one person:

S/he equates University education as a direct means to money. That's just how kids are growing up to see it these days.

Your University program can't be solved like an optimization problem. There isn't one stream that earns you the most money, and that's not how it even BEGINS to work.
Old 10-25-2012 at 11:05 PM   #19
Afrochinese

Liked: Liked 3 Times

It usually depends on the number of people that want the program you want..
If a lot of people want Civil Eng, you will need higher marks.
Old 10-25-2012 at 11:21 PM   #20
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrochinese View Post
It usually depends on the number of people that want the program you want..
If a lot of people want Civil Eng, you will need higher marks.
That's true, but civil has been popular for the past few years, i doubt it will go down anytime soon!