Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automatic course selection clearing singhm29 Academics 4 08-11-2010 06:50 PM

Clearing conditions

Old 07-28-2009 at 05:21 PM   #1
Blues

Liked: 1 Time

Clearing conditions
So here's a brief summary of my story.
  • Got accepted at Mac, received instructions on what to submit and when, and I did.
  • Spent around $900 on a flight just to get to go to the orientations in June.
  • Quit my job, got rid of my car and have a fully furnished apartment waiting in Hamilton to move in with mi fiancee.
  • The only thing left to do is finished my student loan process.
Today I got an email saying that one of my clearing conditions apparently is outstanding, and that I need to provide it before August 1st. I have no idea what it could be, so they say to head on to macADMIT to contact them to find out. All I see there is some links and the automatic question answering device.

As far as I know, I did everything I was told to do in my offer of admission. I have to now sit and wait until tomorrow morning so I can call and find out what this is about.

I guess my only question here has to do with what can be done should a requirement be still pending. They say to hand it in before August 1st, but they waited until today to notify me. And again, I've done everything they've asked, so I have no idea what they seem to be missing.

With all I've gone through to prepare for Mac, my career and future at stake, something like this could be a huge train wreck for me.
Old 07-28-2009 at 05:47 PM   #2
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Hey, I'm in your boat.
I am just assuming that because I live in the US, my guidance dept didn't mail my final transcript... I hope it's that, and I hope that they are willing to accept a faxed version..because mail takes quite a few days.
I hate that I got this email after 4 today. They could have SO notified us earlier in the summer, or earlier in the day so I don't have to sit and go stir crazy waiting for tomorrow morning.
Old 07-28-2009 at 06:00 PM   #3
Blues

I hope it's something like that too.

The thing that scares me is, they list as a possibility that English proficiency test. I of course didn't take it cause I come from the US and my schools were English medium.

I guess I'll sit here panicking until tomorrow at 9:00am.
Old 07-28-2009 at 06:08 PM   #4
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Hey there,

Don't worry too much about it, I know there is a lot at stake right now so any little problem is bound to freak you out a bit, especially this late in the game, but once you talk to a live person at McMaster tomorrow over the phone, I'm sure they will be able to sort your problem out immediately.

And like it was mentioned, you can easily fax or scan and email any documents that they might be missing.

Good luck with sorting your problem out tomorrow!
Old 07-28-2009 at 06:26 PM   #5
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Thanks.. I think it's just a lot when you see the words:

Failure to submit the required documents will result in the cancellation of your admission and registration at McMaster.

btw Blues, what part of the US are you from? I actually haven't really talked to anyone going to Mac from the states

Old 07-28-2009 at 06:50 PM   #6
Blues

I'm from Puerto Rico. We're a US territory, with US citizenship and our official languages are English and Spanish. Universities here require you know English, since a lot of the courses are in English and all the textbooks are in English. Also, school placement tests are in English and handled by the College Board.
Old 08-02-2009 at 04:39 PM   #7
LooKiss

Liked: 0 Times

Hey i dont know if this helps, But I had to fax McMaster my written permission to be able to distribute my information. That may/may not be the same with you.