MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Women, Culture, Power Women St (1A03) Bulfon Academics 3 06-30-2011 11:00 AM
Women, Culture, Power Women St (1A03) Bulfon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-28-2011 06:52 PM
MI Meet Up! Marlowe MacInsiders Announcements 104 10-20-2010 10:34 PM
MI Meet Up! Marlowe General Discussion 134 10-17-2010 01:53 AM

Clubs/Orgs where there are better opportunities to meet more women

Old 08-22-2013 at 01:52 PM   #1
Electros

Liked: 0 Times

Clubs/Orgs where there are better opportunities to meet more women
Haha I know this is kinda awkward but I'm gonna post it anyway. I have never had a girlfriend and I'm in a program where there is not that much women, so I'm having a hard time to find girl friends. I do have some friends but most of them are taken or are not interested in me/I'm not interested in them. All I want is to meet women in activities that they and I enjoy such as baking, volunteering, sports, etc., hopefully be able to make friends with them, and eventually find someone among those friends who I can have a meaningful relationship with. I am not, in any way, just looking for hook-ups. I'm really looking for someone who I can enjoy the relatively short amount of time we all have to live.

P.S. If you are in a relationship with someone and if it is not too much to ask, please share how you met each other, what you did to attract your partner, and how you are making your relationship work. Thanks
Old 08-22-2013 at 02:10 PM   #2
BrownTown993

Liked: 6 Times

I was always under the impression that a relationship isn't something that you can look for, it should come to you without much effort. I'd suggest attending clubfest to see what clubs you are interested in, then join those. Once you have joined, introduce yourself to all members and be sociable. The rest should come eventually

Electros says thanks to BrownTown993 for this post.

Commie42, Electros like this.
Old 08-22-2013 at 03:04 PM   #3
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Join the Sign Language club!!!

Population of female to male is about 3:1. Great environment for those that don't have a lot of social experience with the opposite sex since you won't even have to talk! There is a common focus and goal of learning a new language together which is great! Each meeting is lead so you won't have to feel pressure to be in charge either.

In the end, if you don't end up finding a gal, you at least learn a new hobby/language/whatever.

Electros says thanks to AvacadoLover for this post.

Electros, Entropy like this.
Old 11-13-2013 at 09:03 AM   #4
Lollipop345

Liked: 1 Time

I think you are very shy. Baking is a great idea! Unusual!

Electros says thanks to Lollipop345 for this post.

Electros likes this.
Old 11-13-2013 at 09:18 AM   #5
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 133 Times

My girlfriend and I were best friends for a full semester and then we realized we might be interested in each other. As another commenter said, don't go look for a relationship, but instead be open to the possibility of one. The best relationship you can have is one with your best friend. Patience is a virtue!

Electros says thanks to Commie42 for this post.

Old 11-13-2013 at 09:52 AM   #6
Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 32 Times

bro, most relationships don't work!
Old 11-13-2013 at 04:39 PM   #7
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

online dating, it's the future. it's how i met my mate!

make yourself a plentyoffish account and get out there!

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

Electros likes this.
Old 11-13-2013 at 11:18 PM   #8
Electros

Liked: 0 Times

Haha I actually did. It`s just that most people don`t respond. I get some responses but they`re mostly `Sorry your cute but you live far away`or some other polite ways to say no. I don`t even know if their use of `cute` was sincere or just a nice way to say your not my type (most probably the latter). There was also one person who had a promising initial reply, but after some time she did not respond any further. I guess it`s one of those things that depends on very good looks + luck.
Old 11-15-2013 at 09:52 PM   #9
Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 32 Times

online dating is fucking bullshit, do you know how many messages an attractive girl can get per day? Around like 40-50, and you're literally competing with other 40-50 guys for just one girl. And online dating pretty much depends on your looks.
Old 12-04-2013 at 07:38 AM   #10
margauxlim

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Love comes unexpectedly...just be patient electros and the right girl will come at the right time

Electros says thanks to margauxlim for this post.

Electros, shreebee like this.
Old 12-04-2013 at 01:41 PM   #11
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse.C View Post
online dating is fucking bullshit, do you know how many messages an attractive girl can get per day? Around like 40-50, and you're literally competing with other 40-50 guys for just one girl. And online dating pretty much depends on your looks.
I've tried it recently and it wasn't that hard. Maybe you should writr thoughtful intelligent messaged to people who are not out of your league? Met a few interesting people I'm now friends with, a few crazies, and a few I had to turn down once I met somebody fantastic (not on the dating site).

Just stand out, don't bother talking about their looks, and give as many people a shot as you see them..
Old 12-04-2013 at 02:49 PM   #12
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Maybe start by not calling yourself "electro" in forums? or if you insist, join the anime/comics clubs on campus!
I went through the four years in elec eng, i know you struggle with there being no women in that program and the few girls that are in elec/biomed usually look more manly than half the guys in the program! haha

eullwm likes this.
Old 12-05-2013 at 10:35 AM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
and the few girls that are in elec/biomed usually look more manly than half the guys in the program! haha
Fuck off, you slimy piece of radioactive, disfigured toxic waste.

We love our biomed girls.

Electros, Entropy like this.
Old 12-05-2013 at 02:28 PM   #14
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I'll just leave this here.

Electros, quinta, sarahsullz like this.
Old 12-05-2013 at 03:45 PM   #15
quinta

Liked: 18 Times

Ye Sign Language Club is the place to be. There's legit like 2 guys in that club and the rest is girls.

Electros likes this.