Professor Rating
90%90%90%
Interest
60%60%60%
Easiness
90%90%90%
Average 80%
Cmst 2dd3

I am so happy that I took this course when I did. I heard that this class was very difficult, but this at the time that I took it, Dr. Bannerman (a new prof) taught it. She was amazing - always available to answer questions, approachable and was willing to look over marks if you believed an improper grade was given.

We had to write 3 book reports throughout the term (due three weeks apart). There was a "class bookshelf" filled with a ton of books, you would pick which one you wanted to read some of (intro, one chapter in the middle and conclusion, for instance) and then you would write a report based one of three questions the prof made. One of the questions was something like "compare and contrast two books you have read." I thought they were marked fairly and were pretty easy.

Participation and attendance was worth 10%. This class was composed of 3 lectures, 1 of which you only needed to attend once every three weeks. At the meeting, you just had to break into groups and write some info down about the book you read.. and BAM you get 3%.

The midterm was worth 20% and was multiple choice. If you studied, you did well.

There was an essay worth 20% as well, and there were a number of different topics and essay questions to choose from.

Lastly, the final exam (20%). It was all written, but we basically received everything ahead of time. The essay question, worth half the exam, was given to us. We couldn't bring any material with us into the exam, but as long as you planned your essay ahead of time and remembered your points, you did good. There were also short and long answer questions, all of which were on a study guide provided by the prof ahead of time. She gave us a sheet of maybe 50 questions (all answers were in the lecture notes) and she pulled 5 or 6 questions from it. There was also choice on the exam.

One mistake I made was buying the coursewear. If you have Dr. Bannerman for this class, don't buy the book because she provides an overview for each chapter throughout the term.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Cmst 2dd3!

Old 06-12-2012 at 11:15 AM   #2
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times
  • Good course.
  • The book reviews are tedious but easy mark!
  • We were given the exam questions and were allowed to prepare which was awesome!
  • Professor Bannerman is an awesome prof, very understanding and always available for help and questions
Old 06-19-2012 at 11:20 AM   #3
luna

Liked: 10 Times
is this the right course code? on the course calendar it says cmst 2dd3 is media organization.
Old 06-21-2012 at 12:07 PM   #4
chryslad

Liked: 5 Times
Yeah 2DD3 is Media Organizations

mc_kumar likes this.

Old 08-03-2012 at 08:13 AM   #5
chryslad

Liked: 5 Times
Course syllabus
I figured I would attach the course syllabus as well. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: doc CMST 2DD3 Media Organizations - COURSE OUTLINE.doc (67.5 KB, 68 views)
Old 06-11-2014 at 12:01 PM   #6
xman

Liked: 0 Times
hey guys, I'm thinking of taking this class this year with HIRJI, F. anyone know about him/her??

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search