MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT: Teenagers make out with their own parents as part of school prank?!?! darklink121 General Discussion 17 12-18-2011 07:30 PM
Cold Beer Sammcmaster General Discussion 9 01-15-2010 11:26 PM
Prank Videos - Really Funny Strongwiller General Discussion 1 11-02-2008 03:18 PM

Cold-blooded Prank or Disciplining Child to be Smarter in School?

Old 12-27-2013 at 11:22 PM   #1
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

Honestly I felt the child could have learned his lesson without the gratuitous laughter and also putting the video up on youtube.

Your thoughts?
Old 12-27-2013 at 11:29 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

The absolute glee on the part of the person filming, as well as it being put on youtube, makes it a cold-blooded prank no matter what the kid's situation is.

With that aside, it would depend on the situation. He seems pretty young to really be having issues in school due to slacking off or something like that. If he's genuinely having trouble learning and then gets frustrated and stops trying, something like this seems pretty cruel also.

darklink121, fatimaa like this.
Old 12-28-2013 at 12:04 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

The director/cameraman of this film was dropped on the head as a child, clearly.
Old 12-28-2013 at 12:09 AM   #4
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink121 View Post

Honestly I felt the child could have learned his lesson without the gratuitous laughter and also putting the video up on youtube.

Your thoughts?
This is just cruel in general. I mean he is still a kid and what kind of parents do this to their own kids. The fact that his parents are doing this explains why the kid would be doing bad in school, the parents are obviously morons and do not know how to properly help the kid to get better grades. I could not understand how this will make the kid "smarter" in school. Honestly, some people should not be parents!
Old 12-28-2013 at 12:20 AM   #5
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Hey, I think it's fine. It's either that, or belt to the ass. What you are saying is caused by pussified Canadian parenting. Instead of smacking kids for wrong doings, parents in this country try to be friends with their kids. Well guess what, if you let your kid know he can get away with anything, he will sit on your neck.

Quote:
The director/cameraman of this film was dropped on the head as a child, clearly.
The glorious effects of weed legalization.

Last edited by MrPlinkett : 12-28-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2013 at 12:39 PM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

The cousin is really mean but I don't think it was a horrible idea. In alot of "black" or Caribbean family he would get a beating. Unless he has a real reason for doing bad in school, maybe he will learn a lesson.
Old 12-28-2013 at 01:05 PM   #7
fatimaa

Liked: 4 Times

I personally think it was cruel to trick the kid. It's just immature, really.
They could've just not brought him anything, and said you're not getting anything until you bring your grades up. Without having a whole dramatic scene laid out. The camera guy, his brother or whatever, just emphasized this as a joke rather than something to be taken serious.
I guarantee the child feels bad about not getting the gift he wanted, not really that much about his grades when he opened up the fake gift.
This is not discipline. Discipline should teach you control, and engage some self-motivation. This is more like, consequential or reward-training learning. You get your grades up, you get the gift. Or you get your grades up, or else you will pay the consequences.

Suppose this method did work.
But you have to think of the long-run, when the child is no longer dependent on the reward or confined by the consequences of his parents. You might hope the kid will catch on, but without any clear stimuli present when he's grown up, it's unlikely he will react in the same way.

So overall, horrible prank.

starfish likes this.
Old 12-28-2013 at 08:12 PM   #8
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times

They could have just simply told him to improve his grades if he wants to get a PS4 instead of pulling this prank and mocking him. He will surely remember this/hold a grudge. This prank just builds resentment in him

**Computer Engineering**

starfish likes this.
Old 12-28-2013 at 08:21 PM   #9
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

How do you put sense into a kid? Beat it into them.
Old 12-29-2013 at 12:56 PM   #10
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

What an annoying family.