MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
College Pro Window Cleaning abbas.kassam Volunteering Opportunities 2 02-01-2013 04:28 PM
Log into Avenue inside one tab/window Afzal Computers & Tech 42 09-08-2012 11:59 PM
Quarters Chip Window Open! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 7 09-05-2008 10:04 PM

College Pro Window cleaning

Old 04-20-2013 at 02:28 PM   #1
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

College Pro Window cleaning
Hi MI,

I got an interview for a window cleaning position at college pro and was wondering if you guys have any experience with them.

From the looks of it the "own your own business" crap is a hit and miss, but I'm just gonna do the cleaning (no managerial, or business work), basically Ill be working for someone who is the "student manager" . Is it hourly pay? How does this work?

Last edited by lifesciman1 : 04-20-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2013 at 02:46 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesciman1 View Post
Hi MI,

I got an interview for a window cleaning position at college pro and was wondering if you guys have any experience with them.

From the looks of it the "own your own business" crap isn't a hit and miss, but I'm just gonna do the cleaning (no managerial, or business work), basically Ill be working for someone who is the "student manager" . Is it hourly pay? How does this work?
I was called in for an interview with a "student manager" but the entire time she was on her cellphone and sometimes made eye contact with me and wasn't taking the entire thing seriously. She told me I'd be making working on an hourly wage + commission per house you work on. I was later called in with the job offer, but I had to decline due to the high level of unprofessionalism from potential "student manager".

Last edited by anonanon987 : 04-20-2013 at 03:38 PM.

lifesciman1 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 04-20-2013 at 05:20 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

It's a frustrating endevour for most students low on the totem pole. Unless you're completely unemployable, you're best off finding another employer.

Most who try to go in as a manager fail miserably, and doing so can lose you money for training, supplies and other fees (if they still operate on the requirement of you paying for certain things). They also take royalties from you in an inflated way that business franchise owners do, but moreso, so even if you put in a lot of effort, the company wants all your profits.

There's no downside to going to the interview (experience, yay!) but be wary if they require money from you, and please READ what they have you sign thoroughly....... .... ...
Old 04-20-2013 at 10:50 PM   #4
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Thanks for the advice guys.