MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone hate group work as much as I do? Ownaginatios Academics 82 11-30-2010 12:49 PM
Drop Commerce 2BA3? smshlyxlhl General Discussion 3 10-13-2010 04:26 AM
Group Work For.... RachBros Academics 7 08-25-2010 11:31 PM
Dropping Commerce 2BA3? biggzzz Academics 4 01-07-2009 06:58 PM

Commerce 2BA3 Group Work?

Old 08-17-2013 at 09:45 PM   #1
macnoob

Liked: 0 Times

Commerce 2BA3 Group Work?
I'm currently enrolled in this course but it is very out of the way for my schedule. In the course outline it says there is group work and participation marks, I was wondering what exactly this meant as I was just planning on following from the textbook and slides, and not attending the lectures.
Old 08-17-2013 at 10:27 PM   #2
murphyh

Liked: 6 Times

http://ug.degroote.mcmaster. ca/fil...BA3-W-TEAL.pdf was the outline from last semester if you didn't see it already. I have yet to take the course, but my friend that took it in the summer had in class case studies that he did, so you definitely need to attend those lectures, and it's probably important to attend other lectures to see who you would want to form a group with.
I'd recommend emailing the department,
[email protected], to try and get a better core if you are able to.
Old 08-17-2013 at 10:49 PM   #3
macnoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyh View Post
http://ug.degroote.mcmaster. ca/fil...BA3-W-TEAL.pdf was the outline from last semester if you didn't see it already. I have yet to take the course, but my friend that took it in the summer had in class case studies that he did, so you definitely need to attend those lectures, and it's probably important to attend other lectures to see who you would want to form a group with.
I'd recommend emailing the department,
[email protected], to try and get a better core if you are able to.
How do they take attendance or do group work in a huge lecture hall? Is this course more like a tutorial than?
Old 08-17-2013 at 10:52 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

There are 2-3 inclass assignments. You pick a group of 5 and work on them together, closed book. You must be in class to do this and it's worth like 10-15% I forgot
Old 08-17-2013 at 11:07 PM   #5
macnoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
There are 2-3 inclass assignments. You pick a group of 5 and work on them together, closed book. You must be in class to do this and it's worth like 10-15% I forgot
Would you say it's very helpful to attend class regularly apart from those or can I get by using the textbook and any notes from avenue.

Also the course outline mentions in class activities every class, what are those about?
Old 08-18-2013 at 09:00 AM   #6
naeD

Liked: 4 Times

When I took it (Sept 2011), there were in-class assignments that were closed book. These assignments covered questions for about four chapters worth of material (delegate one group member per chapter). You really need to stack your group. Everyone in the group I worked in worked really hard and we did tremendously well on every assignment (95+). The class average is about 80.

In retrospect, I would have gotten a doctor's note for the midterm since the final exam is not cumulative. There are several MC questions throughout the professor's slides; these showed up on the midterm and final.

Get the textbook, you will definitely need it. It is definitely laborious to study for the MTs, finals and assignments, but you have to do it.

Hope this helps.