MacInsiders Logo

Commerce 2BA3 - Organizational Behaviour

Old 04-12-2011 at 05:11 PM   #1
BeAll_EndAll

Liked: 57 Times

Commerce 2BA3 - Organizational Behaviour
Hi, had a question for those who have taken 2BA3 before...

I am taking it in the summer and I was wondering how hard it is to do over the summer (if its managable) and if the course material is generally high.

Thanks for your input.
Old 04-12-2011 at 05:36 PM   #2
AgentTMa

Liked: 3 Times

I heard that this course and 2 other required commerce courses for Level 2 were bird. i think the others were HR and IS
Old 04-12-2011 at 06:58 PM   #3
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAll_EndAll View Post
Hi, had a question for those who have taken 2BA3 before...

I am taking it in the summer and I was wondering how hard it is to do over the summer (if its managable) and if the course material is generally high.

Thanks for your input.
Summer 2BA3 was easily my favourite course I've taken in my soon-to-be three years at Mac.

It was most definitely because of the prof though, who was actually a Ph. D. student. She made every lecture interesting and made me actually want to participate in discussions. Forced group work, but that wasn't bad because otherwise I wouldn't have made any friends in that class. I also hate mornings, but she made me actually want to wake up and go to a 3-hour (realistically only about 2~2.5) class. Started off every morning with a fun, albeit somewhat childish "brain teaser" and she was able to make material that should have been extremely dry interesting. I actually wanted to write her a thank you letter or something.

Plus, the big assignment was to write an essay with two other people about any movie you could apply OB theory to. I picked Pulp Fiction. :D

...That being said, she's probably not going to teach again so none of this applies to you. The material is actually extremely easy to understand, the only problem I could imagine having is getting bored from learning what amounts to common sense, and remembering enough detail to do well on the midterm/exam.

Last edited by Entropy : 04-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2011 at 07:10 PM   #4
BeAll_EndAll

Liked: 57 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Summer 2BA3 was easily my favourite course I've taken in my soon-to-be three years at Mac.

It was most definitely because of the prof though, who was actually a Ph. D. student. She made every lecture interesting and made me actually want to participate in discussions. Forced group work, but that wasn't bad because otherwise I wouldn't have made any friends in that class. I also hate mornings, but she made me actually want to wake up and go to a 3-hour (realistically only about 2~2.5) class. Started off every morning with a fun, albeit somewhat childish "brain teaser" and she was able to make material that should have been extremely dry interesting. I actually wanted to write her a thank you letter or something.

Plus, the big assignment was to write an essay with two other people about any movie you could apply OB theory to. I picked Pulp Fiction.

...That being said, she's probably not going to teach again so none of this applies to you. The material is actually extremely easy to understand, the only problem I could imagine having is getting bored from learning what amounts to common sense, and remembering enough detail to do well on the midterm/exam.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

The reason I asked is because I was wondering if it would be too much to take this course + a hard course over the summer, in the same term. But from your description, it seems that it shouldn't be.

Hopefully I can get a good prof that can make the material interesting for me as well

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2011 at 08:21 PM   #5
AgentTMa

Liked: 3 Times

i think i might be in your class. i think im taking 2ba3 as well. im doing 2 terms, 2 course per term to get ahead cuz i heard 2nd yr is hardest because there are midterms every other week one on a fri night then immediately a midtemr for another class on sat morning.
Old 04-12-2011 at 08:33 PM   #6
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times

I'm taking this in the summer too hehe
Old 05-04-2011 at 09:27 AM   #7
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
with a fun, albeit somewhat childish "brain teaser" and she was able to make material that should have been extremely dry interesting. I actually wanted to write her a thank you letter or something

same person is teaching this year. Js