Commerce 3AB3 Summer Commie8507 General Discussion 0 03-02-2011 05:16 AM

Commerce 3AB3 (Accounting)

Old 08-22-2012 at 12:30 PM   #1
LIBORplustwo
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times

Commerce 3AB3 (Accounting)
Hey,

Can someone comment on the level of difficulty for this course? I have asked a lot of people, they say it is difficult but do not give a reason. Why is this course so hard?

Tips would also be nice.

Regards,

Jamie Dimon
Old 08-22-2012 at 04:29 PM   #2
LIBORplustwo
Account Locked

Also, any comments for Commerce 3QA3?
Old 08-22-2012 at 11:45 PM   #3
LIBORplustwo
Account Locked

Come on, guys...
Old 08-23-2012 at 10:26 AM   #4
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

It's hard to judge whether a course is difficult based on other people's experiences because everyone is different.

Ask yourself these questions:

Are you comfortable with accounting?
Did you do well in 2AA3?

The first half of 3AB3 parallels what you learned in 2AA3 very closely, so if you did well in 2AA3, it should mean you should at least do well in the first half of the course. The second half of the course introduces some more challenging topics, but as long as you study and understand concepts, you'll do fine.

As long as you put your time in to study, learn, and understand, you'll do fine (assuming you did well in 2AA3).
Old 08-23-2012 at 03:23 PM   #5
L_Blankfein

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
It's hard to judge whether a course is difficult based on other people's experiences because everyone is different.

Ask yourself these questions:

Are you comfortable with accounting?
Did you do well in 2AA3?

The first half of 3AB3 parallels what you learned in 2AA3 very closely, so if you did well in 2AA3, it should mean you should at least do well in the first half of the course. The second half of the course introduces some more challenging topics, but as long as you study and understand concepts, you'll do fine.

As long as you put your time in to study, learn, and understand, you'll do fine (assuming you did well in 2AA3).
Just like every other course.
Old 08-31-2012 at 08:22 AM   #6
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

Hey,

Just had this course a year ago. The first third of the course is not too bad, but does introduce some new topics on your first midterm if I remember correctly. After this, I found the course picks up in difficulty and depth.

You'll have to definitely put your time in for studying for these midterms, the final especially. I found that most of the tests/final asked similar questions to that of the online assignments we had every week. I'm sure this will continue this year.

My suggestions would be, re-do all the Wiley online questions (if the same assignments and format are used) and look over the medium-difficult questions in the textbook. And yes you should buy the textbook for this class.
Old 08-31-2012 at 10:41 AM   #7
ParrotKeep11

Liked: 2 Times

Intermediate Accounting is the weed out course.
Old 08-31-2012 at 11:23 AM   #8
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

it's not too difficult. I found going to class to be a huge waste of time. The formular for success is simple: practice makes perfect.
Old 08-31-2012 at 12:57 PM   #9
LIBORplustwo
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasailuddin View Post
it's not too difficult. I found going to class to be a huge waste of time. The formular for success is simple: practice makes perfect.
Aren't we graded on participation, too?
Old 08-31-2012 at 01:03 PM   #10
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBORplustwo View Post
Aren't we graded on participation, too?
last year kwok stated participation was worth 5%. I attended maybe 30% of all classes and got a 4/5. She seemed to be fairly lenient with participation.
Old 08-31-2012 at 01:12 PM   #11
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Participation in the tutorials right?
Old 08-31-2012 at 01:20 PM   #12
Podder

Since there's not thread about it, how is COMMERCE 3AC3 as well?
Old 08-31-2012 at 01:22 PM   #13
ParrotKeep11

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podder View Post
Commerce 3AC3 is easily the most difficult class up to 3rd year Commerce. Followed by 3AB3, obviously. These classes are no joke, they just aren't that bad. Be prepared, because they are prepared to weed you out of your "CA dreams".
Old 08-31-2012 at 01:22 PM   #14
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podder View Post
3AC3 is harder largely because most of the material is new and more complex. Once again it's doable, you just need to be willing to practice a lot. For me anyways accounting isnt something i can pick up a few nights before the midterm. I have to work at it everyday.

Podder says thanks to fasailuddin for this post.

pocalyuko likes this.