Commerce 4AK3

Commerce 4AK3
Non-Commerce Accounting
Published by Kudos
02-18-2014
Published by
Elite Member

Commerce 4AK3

I took this class with Vince Raso, a sessional prof who was teaching it for the first time, in 2013.

The class covers the pertinent aspects of both financial and managerial accounting. It is an introductory course, and open only to non-commerce students in their third or fourth year.

If you took accounting in high school, a lot of the information at the beginning will be a repeat but the course goes surprisingly in depth for a single semester.

The midterm and final were each worth 25% -- the former covered financial accounting, and the latter covered managerial only, which was nice. Neither was too difficult to score highly on. There was a 10% participation grade which was comprised of prep assignments that were marked for completion each week. It was mildly annoying to have homework each week, including when other assignments were due, but not a huge deal.

There were five individual assignments (top 4 worth 5% each) and two group assignments worth 10% each. Basically, there were a lot of assignments. I found most of them fairly useless, as did most of my classmates, and this was frustrating. I found the individual assignments to be the lowest part of my grade because they were from the text, which could be unclear.

Vince is a nice guy and willing to work with you. He explains things pretty clearly and wants to see his students succeed. All in all, I recommend taking the class if you ever think you may take an entrepreneurial route in life because accounting skills are very relevant to entrepreneurship, finance and other aspects of business.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Commerce 4AK3!

Old 09-08-2014 at 11:05 AM   #2
tiffanytian

Liked: Liked 6 Times
bump! any updates on this course? Mohammad is teaching this year, is it going to be very different?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search