MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Can We Select Courses? Gorn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-11-2012 06:25 PM
Commerce Level 3 Courses commie6666 Academics 2 09-20-2011 11:04 PM
Can business level 1 student take commerce 2XX3 courses? littlewood Academics 3 07-09-2011 10:28 AM
When do i select courses??? RyanB Academics 2 06-03-2011 11:54 AM
Can commerce student do minor in Finance ?? ruby101 Academics 2 02-26-2011 04:30 PM

As commerce student do I select 11 courses?

Old 06-26-2012 at 01:58 PM   #16
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbynelly View Post
Ohh okay thanks a lot for that. I just wanted to see if I could get away with paying less but I guess not :(.
Lol . If you could, I'm sure a lot of people would be taking less courses though I'm not sure if the majority would as well. Possibly.

gabbynelly says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 06-26-2012 at 02:05 PM   #17
gabbynelly

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint0m View Post
This is still untrue. You only need to complete the prerequisite courses to get into Level III. There is no "60 units must be completed" rule. Electives or courses such as Economics 2X03 can be completed at any time.

There is no work around of paying less or else everyone would do it and it would be a foolish system. In the end you are paying the exact same as anyone else in Commerce for your degree (barring any cancellations). You seem to also be confused as to how units work. Courses such as Commerce 1E03 have 3 units, the last digit of a course code is how many units its worth. Being in Commerce almost all your classes will have 3 units. 10 classes a year = 30 units. Some of your electives may be 6 units, meaning they last 2 semesters. The easy way to think of these classes for calculating your cumulative average or total units is to think of them as 2 separate classes of 3 units with the same grade.
120 units necessary for graduation??
Old 06-26-2012 at 02:07 PM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Yes, you need 120 units to graduate.

gabbynelly says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-26-2012 at 02:08 PM   #19
Phaint0m
Account Locked

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Yes. 3*10*4=120. I strongly advise doing a full course load in first year as the work is very light and it only gets harder as you advance within your degree. Later on it may be advantageous to take some courses in summer to lighten your workload in the following/previous year. But for now I seriously recommend you take the 30 units in first year as it will prepare you properly and you will follow the Commerce stream which can also be advantageous for you.

gabbynelly says thanks to Phaint0m for this post.