MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Common Room Kitchens anavc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 09-12-2010 08:53 AM
Common Rooms pocalyuko General Discussion 7 08-05-2009 08:39 PM
Common Issues With SOLAR (and how to solve them!) Chad MUGSI & SOLAR 78 07-02-2009 06:44 PM

Common courtesy

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:01 PM   #16
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
haahah i do that when i take the hamilton bus home
Please don't.
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:23 PM   #17
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Haha that would piss me off I would just go in front of them and be like ya I was here first you got a problem talk to my lil friend *punch* (punch only if necessary, please drink responsibly)

Old 08-26-2009 at 02:41 PM   #18
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

**** that shit. I used to be pretty passive about that kind of nonsense, but I stand up for myself these days. If someone cuts me in line or otherwise shows disregard for common courtesy, I put them in their place, with an empahasis on humiliating them in front of other people.

There are so many rude people at mcmaster.. everywhere really. Don't just sit there and take it (literally, to the OP).
Old 08-26-2009 at 07:37 PM   #19
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
**** that shit. I used to be pretty passive about that kind of nonsense, but I stand up for myself these days. If someone cuts me in line or otherwise shows disregard for common courtesy, I put them in their place, with an empahasis on humiliating them in front of other people.

There are so many rude people at mcmaster.. everywhere really. Don't just sit there and take it (literally, to the OP).
LOL. I was at the Zoo today and some snotty teen with her boyfriend cut in front of the water fountain line. I just said made a snarky comment about people not understanding the concept of a line and a punting action in her direction. I think she figured it out pretty quickly
Old 08-26-2009 at 07:58 PM   #20
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post
I'm also angry because I got there at about 8:15 to get a good spot in line and an hour or so later (don't remember) it's my turn and guess what! My OSAP isn't there yet! "Come back on Friday" they said. Arrrggg. I went all the way there for nothing in the pouring rain. I get to do it again on Friday. @[email protected]

mine wasn't there either! I drove over an hour to Hamilton today (because I luckily had the morning off) and though oh HEY! I'll pick up my OSAP.

NO!

except they told me to check back on Monday... "but it might not be in then either". SO BITTER
Old 08-26-2009 at 09:42 PM   #21
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

wow... that whole process took about 2.5 hours :(... when i finally got to the front of the line i was sooo excited... then i get inside to seee another looong line awaiting me... lol
Old 08-26-2009 at 10:18 PM   #22
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghjkghkghkgh View Post
Sometimes it's better to start off with a joke if you're going to do this, to throw them off guard.

"What did the five fingers say to the face?"
Best thing I have read today!
Old 08-26-2009 at 10:24 PM   #23
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbauman View Post
mine wasn't there either! I drove over an hour to Hamilton today (because I luckily had the morning off) and though oh HEY! I'll pick up my OSAP.

NO!

except they told me to check back on Monday... "but it might not be in then either". SO BITTER
Why didn't they have it. I'm worried when i go tomorrow they'll say the same thing. What's the reason?
Old 08-26-2009 at 10:57 PM   #24
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Agreeed. That's my biggest pet peeve. I usually don;t do anything about it, just to avoid embarassing the person in front of others, but sometimes you just have to =F
Old 08-27-2009 at 04:23 PM   #25
Great Fatsby

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
LOL. I was at the Zoo today and some snotty teen with her boyfriend cut in front of the water fountain line. I just said made a snarky comment about people not understanding the concept of a line and a punting action in her direction. I think she figured it out pretty quickly
Whatever happened to turning the other cheek
Old 08-27-2009 at 05:21 PM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Fatsby View Post
Turning the other cheek is exactly why people do the rude things they do - because they know that they'll get away with it.

Calling people out on their bullshit is the greatest pleasure I get out of life. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-27-2009 at 05:21 PM   #27
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Fatsby View Post
Turning the other cheek is fine, if you prefer two black eyes to one

But if someone is rude enough to cut you off, there's nothing wrong with saying something about it. No one's (seriously) recommending laying the beatdown on someone for cutting in line. Just stand up for yourself.
Old 08-27-2009 at 06:36 PM   #28
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I think the right thing to do in this type of situation is say something like "Excuse me, but the line starts there" or "Excuse me, but you cut in front of me". A lot of the time people are just not paying attention and cut by accident (especially when you have zigzagging lines). You look pretty stupid if you freak out over a person who is easily willing to move.

However, if after politely telling the person / group of their mistake they just ignore you or retort with some stupid comment unwilling to move, that's when it's perfectly fine to freak out :p.

I find the former is 90% of the time the case though. I like to avoid a fight IRL when possible.
Old 08-27-2009 at 07:23 PM   #29
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
Did you try punching them in the face? Sometimes that works.
I prefer using Muay Thai-style roundhouse kicks.
Old 08-27-2009 at 07:50 PM   #30
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

in addition to complaining here...why didn't you just tell them to see the 2 people sitting before them? I would say it politely first...and then simply sit/stand in whatever little space they have in front of them if they still didn't move