MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Common Room Kitchens anavc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 09-12-2010 08:53 AM
Common Rooms pocalyuko General Discussion 7 08-05-2009 08:39 PM
Common Issues With SOLAR (and how to solve them!) Chad MUGSI & SOLAR 78 07-02-2009 06:44 PM

Common courtesy

Old 08-27-2009 at 08:16 PM   #31
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I just got back from Europe for the summer, and I had a 6AM flight from Heathrow a day ago, and thinking "I will need to check in early" , I decided to simply sleep at the airport with my girlfriend... So we arrived, after travelling 3 hous by train and subway, and she slept, I stayed up reading "Calculus for dummies" (Thought I'd put that in there for fellow geeks) and we waited where the Queue was going to start. Well, they moved the sign about 1 meter to our right during the night, but I didnt bother to move my butt 1 meter away. So around 4AM, other people from the flight start pulling in by their taxis and, get this: THEY GET IN LINE IN FRONT! Now, heres a question for you: When you have been up for >24 hours, its 4AM in the morning and you have SLEPT in line to get your boarding pass and check your backpacks, how angry do you get when a bunch of Frenchies (the flight was to Switzerland first) get in line in front of you after NOT having slept at the airport, and after clearly noticing that two bodies were already there? Answer: Pissed beyond anything. I made myself heard very clearly about how rude I thought the French were when I went to France and Switzerland (Note: No offence to you if you were from there because I actually had no issues with them. I just figured they had heard the stereotype before and hated it)

Anyways,sorr about hte long rant I just had to get this story known... I'm still quite angry about hte whole thing, but I feel better after having told the story.

Thanks for the ranting space !
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:20 PM   #32
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
I just got back from Europe for the summer, and I had a 6AM flight from Heathrow a day ago, and thinking "I will need to check in early" , I decided to simply sleep at the airport with my girlfriend... So we arrived, after travelling 3 hous by train and subway, and she slept, I stayed up reading "Calculus for dummies" (Thought I'd put that in there for fellow geeks) and we waited where the Queue was going to start. Well, they moved the sign about 1 meter to our right during the night, but I didnt bother to move my butt 1 meter away. So around 4AM, other people from the flight start pulling in by their taxis and, get this: THEY GET IN LINE IN FRONT! Now, heres a question for you: When you have been up for >24 hours, its 4AM in the morning and you have SLEPT in line to get your boarding pass and check your backpacks, how angry do you get when a bunch of Frenchies (the flight was to Switzerland first) get in line in front of you after NOT having slept at the airport, and after clearly noticing that two bodies were already there? Answer: Pissed beyond anything. I made myself heard very clearly about how rude I thought the French were when I went to France and Switzerland (Note: No offence to you if you were from there because I actually had no issues with them. I just figured they had heard the stereotype before and hated it)

Anyways,sorr about hte long rant I just had to get this story known... I'm still quite angry about hte whole thing, but I feel better after having told the story.

Thanks for the ranting space !
**** you and your goddamn stereotypes. Just because you say "no offence," doesn't make it alright to say. It DOESN'T make people take any less offence to it. It's so goddamn ignorant. I can guaran-****ing-tee you that ANYONE would have done it since that's where the sign said the line began.

Wow this post pissed me off.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-27-2009 at 08:52 PM   #33
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
No offence to you if you were from there because I actually had no issues with them. I just figured they had heard the stereotype before and hated it
You = douche
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:58 PM   #34
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

I agree with lawleypop. Saying no offence doesn't mean anything, cause if you meant no offence you wouldn't have said what you did. If that is where the sign was then that is where the line starts. Just because you were too lazy to move doesn't mean you should be rude.
Old 08-27-2009 at 10:14 PM   #35
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
**** you and your goddamn stereotypes. Just because you say "no offence," doesn't make it alright to say. It DOESN'T make people take any less offence to it. It's so goddamn ignorant. I can guaran-****ing-tee you that ANYONE would have done it since that's where the sign said the line began.

Wow this post pissed me off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
You = douche
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
I agree with lawleypop. Saying no offence doesn't mean anything, cause if you meant no offence you wouldn't have said what you did. If that is where the sign was then that is where the line starts. Just because you were too lazy to move doesn't mean you should be rude.
lol, pwnt.

Also, no true geek would ever learn calculus from a dummies book .

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 08-27-2009 at 10:36 PM.