MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multimedia & Communications Year II Megan11 Academics 2 05-31-2011 10:05 PM
Multimedia & Communications Breakfast sarahsweet MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-28-2011 10:39 AM
MacInsiders Communications Intern lorend MacInsiders Announcements 34 06-14-2010 10:51 AM
Communications/Multimedia + Business lizzzz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 03-27-2010 10:35 PM

Communications

Old 01-11-2012 at 10:25 PM   #1
stoniesg

Liked: 0 Times

Communications
Is it worth it to buy the Communications 1A03 textbooks?
Old 01-11-2012 at 11:27 PM   #2
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Who's your prof?
Old 01-12-2012 at 10:49 PM   #3
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

No, i never opened my textbooks once, got straight 90's on every assignment and guessed every question on the exam and did not even study my notes and ended up with a C+ in the course... Unless you really want a high mark I wouldn't bother at all, they're over priced and Sevigny goes over almost everything in lecture that's in the readings
Old 01-21-2012 at 12:58 PM   #4
kschwab

Liked: 7 Times

If you want to save money, don't buy Intro to Comm. it is just a collection of articles you can find online. I would buy the other textbook though, Understanding Human Communcation - although the concepts are easy, they are essential to the course.

Last edited by jhan523 : 01-21-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2012 at 07:34 AM   #5
chryslad

Liked: 5 Times

I took communications 1A03 with Hijri, didn't buy any of the textbooks, and got an 11 in the course. I don't buy textbooks now unless they indicate in the course outline that they expect textbook material to be included in essays, and have a fairly high average. It's completely duable, especially if you take really thorough notes.
Old 02-17-2012 at 09:12 AM   #6
burkedv

Liked: 0 Times

I took the course and found it really valuable to buy the textbook, a lot of the exam questions were based on elaborations from the lectures that were in the textbook