MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
OSAP Pick up dates Released! mcmastergcdb Financial Aid 2 08-30-2010 06:25 AM
Is the confirmation letter sent to mailing address or permanent? czolgosz Academics 2 06-11-2010 08:12 PM
schedule print out? MaQ General Discussion 2 09-09-2009 04:25 PM
summer school confirmation letter niki Academics 1 05-02-2008 04:37 PM

Confirmation Letter Print Dates Released

Confirmation Letter Print Dates Released

The confirmation letter print date is now available for some students.
To see your confirmation letter print date follow these steps:
  • Log-on to MUGSI
  • Click on "My Academics"
  • Click "Program & Course Summary"
Under the "SEP09 - APR10 Session" heading, you will see "Confirmation Letter Print Date" on the right hand side, above the "Expected to Graduate at End of this Session?" line.

Approximately two weeks from this date you will receive a confirmation package from McMaster, confirming your registration. This will include your 09-10 sticker that goes on your student card, as well as your student card if you are in first year. However, the time it will take to recieve the package may vary depending on how far away you live from McMaster if you live in Ontario.

If you are an international student or an out-of-province student, you will have to pick up your student card and sticker at McMaster, based on what has happened in previous years.

twitterbird, Zack120 all say thanks to mcinside for this post.
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-30-2009 at 10:02 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Remember this is done by academic year, so first year students may need to wait for a little while yet, as today (July 30th) is the last day to confirm your payment agreements.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Zack120 says thanks to lorend for this post.

Old 07-30-2009 at 10:46 AM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
I already got my new bus sticker and a sheet of paper that says all the classes I'm registered in . None of my friends got it yet though.

Old 07-30-2009 at 10:48 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Rub it in their face?

Fourth and fifth year students got theirs over a week ago, and third year students reported getting theirs this week too. Logically second year students should have started getting theirs

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-30-2009 at 01:40 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Rub it in their face?

Fourth and fifth year students got theirs over a week ago, and third year students reported getting theirs this week too. Logically second year students should have started getting theirs
Yep, second years have started getting theirs this week.

Old 07-30-2009 at 01:45 PM   #6
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times
I thought it takes 3 business days after the date on it. Mine is dated as 28th of July, so that would mean it should arrive this Friday?

Old 07-30-2009 at 01:47 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
I thought it takes 3 business days after the date on it. Mine is dated as 28th of July, so that would mean it should arrive this Friday?
The amount of time it takes varies on a number of factors, but you can probably expect it on Friday.

Old 08-11-2009 at 06:46 AM   #8
lewisj

Liked: 0 Times
I am a student from outside Canada with a conditional offer at McMaster. I am still waiting for my final exam results to fulfil my condition.

Today I received a mail from mac which says,

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Please note that your confirmation package with your confirmation
letter, validation sticker and student identification card for new
students is ready. However, it cannot be mailed to you as your mailing
address is either out of province, outside the country or incomplete.

What does this confirmation letter mean? Have they already selected me? Is my selection confirmed? Can I go ahead and pay what I agreed?[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Somebody please advice.[/font]

Old 08-11-2009 at 08:11 AM   #9
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisj View Post
I am a student from outside Canada with a conditional offer at McMaster. I am still waiting for my final exam results to fulfil my condition.

Today I received a mail from mac which says,

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Please note that your confirmation package with your confirmation
letter, validation sticker and student identification card for new
students is ready. However, it cannot be mailed to you as your mailing
address is either out of province, outside the country or incomplete.

What does this confirmation letter mean? Have they already selected me? Is my selection confirmed? Can I go ahead and pay what I agreed?[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Somebody please advice.[/font]

If it says that your confirmation package is ready, congratulations may be in order as you are registered to be a student at McMaster.

Your next step should be to confirm registration by calling the Registrar's Office.

Old 08-11-2009 at 08:41 AM   #10
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Got my student card and sticker yesterday in the mail =] I look wierd in my pic lol?

Was wondering if we get a new card each year? (new pic per year) or do we use the same one for every year?

Old 08-11-2009 at 08:54 AM   #11
lewisj

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Thanks myoozik for your prompt response. [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I tried to contact the registrar office but line is continuously busy.[/font][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Do you think that if the confirmation package with the confirmation letter, validation sticker and student identification card for new students is ready that means they have already accepted me?[/font]

Old 08-11-2009 at 07:30 PM   #12
lewisj

Got it clarified, this is what they said,

You are conditionally accepted. You still have to make sure that we
get your final exam results by the date specified in your offer.

So confirmation letter does mean acceptance.

Zack120 says thanks to lewisj for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search