MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Sci 2N03/Bio 2B03 (switch my Term 2 for Term 1) ExploreJQ Academics 0 09-04-2013 09:07 PM
life science 2no3 switch from term one to term two Annieloveedw Academics 1 09-06-2012 05:19 PM
Course Conflict in 2nd Term Lily88 Academics 2 08-09-2012 10:10 AM
I WILL DROP MMEDIA 1A03 (TERM 1) for ECON 2J03 (TERM 2) ah2013 Academics 2 04-30-2012 10:56 PM
2nd Term Conflict Allan Academics 2 12-25-2008 12:05 AM

Conflict in term 2

Old 12-06-2013 at 10:10 PM   #1
thatscikid

Liked: 1 Time

Conflict in term 2
I have a conflict in term 2 wherein my physics core is at the same time as my chem lab. The other core for physics is full, and all the other chem labs are full (I can't find anyone to switch with since my lab is at 8:30) so my question is, is it possible to request a seat in a core that would better fit my timetable? I've heard about requesting seats in a course that's full, not exactly about requesting seats in a core. If I can, how do I go about it?
Old 12-06-2013 at 10:33 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

I know for sure you can get the lab switched if you bring your schedule in to show Dr Landry. Not sure about the core.
Old 12-06-2013 at 10:53 PM   #3
thatscikid

Hi! I've talked to Dr. Landry before about switching the lab and he said he can't do anything about it as of now because there was a problem with the lab assignments for term 2 and all the labs are full. Also, looking at the master course timetable, most other labs will be in conflict with my other courses as well. I think my only chance would be to switch physics cores but I haven't found anyone to switch with. I will still check again with Dr. Landry! Thank you!

Chad likes this.
Old 12-07-2013 at 08:16 AM   #4
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

well you can always just go to the other core and keep your schedule as it is, unless there are iclickers. have you tried talking to the physics department? maybe can help you out

thatscikid likes this.
Old 12-07-2013 at 04:56 PM   #5
Arina222

Bsb 129
Hello,

First year physics classes are large lectures where fitting in another person is very easy. I would recommend talking to the Associate Dean of Science Office (BSB 129) or speaking with the professor. Physics professors are casual and friendly, so there's no need to be intimidated. Good luck!

Furthermore, lots of people drop first year physics, so your class should be reduced by about a third after the midterm.

Alina

Ps. I'm a physics major

Last edited by Arina222 : 12-07-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added a bit

thatscikid says thanks to Arina222 for this post.

thatscikid likes this.
Old 12-07-2013 at 07:08 PM   #6
Atheist?

Liked: 31 Times

As the above person said, the physics profs are very approachable and will be happy to help you. Also not sure if you are taking 1b03 or 1ba3/1bb3 next term but if the course does not have iClicker in it, you will be fine just attending the different core if you are afraid/hesitant to talk to the prof.

The physics profs will be in ABB upper floor in case you don't know where they are.

Good luck!

thatscikid says thanks to Atheist? for this post.

thatscikid likes this.
Old 12-10-2013 at 10:04 AM   #7
thatscikid

Thank you for all your help!!! I am a bit scared to talk to professors, but I will for sure talk to the physics professor! Also, would it be better to wait till the beginning to term 2 to approach them or can I do it asap?