MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cults of North America Katia Academics 18 01-06-2010 08:17 PM
Guide to Successfully Find Off Campus Housing u.yousaf Residence & Off-Campus Living 7 07-29-2009 02:38 PM
North America = One Nation? lorend Misc 0 01-26-2008 01:13 PM

Congratulations America. You've successfully industrialized life.

Old 11-24-2010 at 08:15 PM   #1
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Congratulations America. You've successfully industrialized life.

Whole story
Old 11-24-2010 at 08:37 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Does anyone actually think this is new, or unique to America/turkey production? Producing meat is hella cruel, not least of all because you kill the animal.

Some people are able to deal with that because they like the taste so much, but I don't think anyone at this point could claim ignorance of what happens to the animal to get that food on your plate...
Old 11-24-2010 at 08:51 PM   #3
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Does anyone actually think this is new, or unique to America/turkey production? Producing meat is hella cruel, not least of all because you kill the animal.

Some people are able to deal with that because they like the taste so much, but I don't think anyone at this point could claim ignorance of what happens to the animal to get that food on your plate...
I know it's not a new thing. Animal cruelty in the food industry has been circulating through the media for years now. I've seen a lot of the videos...some a lot more gruesome than this. It's just that, this is the first time I actually saw a video showing living animals being treated in this way...being handled like any other inanimate resource. I mean...being on a conveyer belt is one thing, but being strung up by their necks on machinery, while they're still alive. It's just...it's more than just disgusting. I can't say it's inhumane, because this is what the human race is becoming.

I'm not going to condemn eating meat (I am a meat eater myself, but this plays no role in my post), but I believe there is a better way to treat the animal while living, and to slaughter the animal, and even to treat the dead animal. If we need another selfish reason to do so (because apparently everything we do leads back to self satisfaction), it's going to end up on your dinner plate for God's sake! No amount of profit, or 'quality of the delivered product' can justify what they are doing to these animals.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-24-2010 at 08:53 PM.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 11-24-2010 at 08:57 PM   #4
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

It's ****ing horrible
This is why I never eat at KFC, or any of that.

If people are willing to cut corners in the proper slaying of our food, I don't want to eat it.
It's sickening, and there has to be a more humane way of killing the animals.
Old 11-24-2010 at 08:59 PM   #5
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

i dont like KFC ..... popeyes for the win

camais likes this.
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:02 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I don't even eat meat, when I can help it.
I especially do not like the taste of turkey and chicken, so it all works out for me.
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:03 PM   #7
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

How is the life of a turkey any different than how we live our lives?
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:07 PM   #8
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

if u cant deal with this u dont deserve to eat meat. this is how the system works. When you industrialize the process, stuff like this happens. Can't stand the cutting of feet? Go get clawed on a farm. Dont like the laser pew pew? Get pecked by a bird. Think its cruel grinding up live turkeys? Mcdonalds needs its meat from someplace. I find this whole humane animal thing a load of crap. If you are gona eat it, animals are going to go through this. Take your humane stuff to animals who won't get eaten and are dying from natural causes or human abuse

xxsumz says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

Joey, xxsumz like this.
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:08 PM   #9
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

i think you should not kill baby turkeys , wait until they are old , but baby turkeys and small chicks taste way better im an expert
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:08 PM   #10
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

This is new news?

*sigh*
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:25 PM   #11
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
if u cant deal with this u dont deserve to eat meat.
Who do you think you are? Should I mention that if you can't type properly you don't deserve to own a computer?
Quote:
this is how the system works. When you industrialize the process, stuff like this happens. Can't stand the cutting of feet? Go get clawed on a farm. Dont like the laser pew pew? Get pecked by a bird.
The system came about because we invented (or rather changed) it. And similarly, the system can change again. We tweaked it so that we don't care about life, we don't care about food, we care about money. This is disgusting.
Quote:
Think its cruel grinding up live turkeys? Mcdonalds needs its meat from someplace.
No one even mentioned grinding up live turkeys. And I highly doubt any food chain uses 'ground live turkey'. Because, as far as I know, people don't like blood in their nuggets.
Quote:
I find this whole humane animal thing a load of crap. If you are gona eat it, animals are going to go through this. Take your humane stuff to animals who won't get eaten and are dying from natural causes
Fascinating. You don't think there's a problem with the way we treat the animals we're gonna eat, but you think there's a problem with natural death?

Let's put it in layman terms: Natural death is natural.
Quote:
or human abuse
This IS human abuse...but I know what you're referring to. So, according to you, we must only deal with one issue at a time is that right? Because if that's the way you think life works, you don't deserve to live. (I don't really mean that but you get my point).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
This is new news?
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
well an animal must die if u eat its meat...
We're not talking about the death of an animal. We're referring to the manner of death...or rather the prolonged treatment before death. And during death. And after death. All the way to your dinner table.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-24-2010 at 09:30 PM.

dsahota, ikantsepll, Kathy2 like this.
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:25 PM   #12
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

well an animal must die if u eat its meat...
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:31 PM   #13
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Halal is a great way of humanely killing an animal.
That way they suffer the least.

and @giftedchick
What about the thousands of turkey's that DO NOT GET eaten? The ones who are just tossed on the floor and grinded up after how many hours on the floor half dead?
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:35 PM   #14
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post

and @giftedchick
What about the thousands of turkey's that DO NOT GET eaten? The ones who are just tossed on the floor and grinded up after how many hours on the floor half dead?
theyre grinded... which means they probly do get eaten... dog food perhaps??

my point is your killing an animal to eat it whether its done this way or 'humanely'.. if ppl didnt like to munch on dead animals they wouldnt be so many meat eaters
Old 11-24-2010 at 09:39 PM   #15
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
I was actually going to mention that, but I thought that it would have brought up a religious debate. Now that it's been mentioned, please keep religious arguments out of this thread.

The halal manner of killing is the most humane way to kill an animal. The animal feels almost no pain whatsoever because of the nerve and blood vessel that are cut, which cuts off all 'feeling' in the entire body. Death is quick, short, and painless.

And don't bring up the argument that it's not possible to halal all meat. Because if Saudi can manage to provide halal meat to 27 million people, more advanced countries with more resources should have no problem in doing so for a larger population.

I'm not saying halal is the way to go for everyone. I'm not saying that everyone should eat halal. I'm just saying that there are more humane, yet economically feasible ways to slaughter an animal.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-24-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Needlenose, ninjamachete all say thanks to SilentWalker for this post.