MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cults of North America Katia Academics 18 01-06-2010 08:17 PM
Guide to Successfully Find Off Campus Housing u.yousaf Residence & Off-Campus Living 7 07-29-2009 02:38 PM
North America = One Nation? lorend Misc 0 01-26-2008 01:13 PM

Congratulations America. You've successfully industrialized life.

Old 11-25-2010 at 03:53 PM   #46
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We are destroying the planet!!!! Dammit!! Why did god create us?! WHY?!

oh wait.....
Old 11-25-2010 at 04:41 PM   #47
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

I don't believe that there is any humane way of killing anything. Also don't forget that whether its regular/halal/kosher most livestock meant for consumptions is raised the same way as seen in the video.

As for killing livestock, halal is really no different, they slit the throat the of the animal, and its hung upside down and they let it bleed out. A prayer is said before killing the animal. As for "regular" meat they also severe major arteries and let it bleed out.
Old 11-25-2010 at 06:15 PM   #48
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
If you are gona eat it, animals are going to go through this.
Very wrong. There are many places you can buy meat where animals were treated properly throughout their lives and killed in the quickest, least painful way possible.
Old 11-25-2010 at 07:17 PM   #49
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Very wrong. There are many places you can buy meat where animals were treated properly throughout their lives and killed in the quickest, least painful way possible.

ya "organic" meat. its a bit more expensive though.
Old 11-25-2010 at 07:28 PM   #50
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
While I have no off-hand empirical evidence to support my following assertion, I believe that even if we all choose to buy organic for our own cooking purposes, it will not cause a dramatic effect on the treatment of livestock animals. The reason for this is fast food. As everyone knows, fast food companies rely heavily on cutting costs on the food, so as to maximize profit. As long as the huge market for cheap meat exists in fast food, I cannot imagine that animal cruelty in farms will end anytime soon, even if we buy organic.
Old 11-26-2010 at 04:37 AM   #51
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Why am I not surprised? :/ Knowing this isn't going to change anything for me though. Still going to eat meat.
Old 11-26-2010 at 08:57 AM   #52
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
Woah, all this time I've been eating inorganic meat?

durr