MacInsiders Logo

Could someone paraphrase this?

Old 06-28-2011 at 10:19 AM   #1
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Could someone paraphrase this?
I was looking at requirements for minor in psychology and I came across this point:
  1. In order to declare a Minor in Psychology, at least 12 units (above Level I) must be elective to degree.

Could someone please paraphrase this to me as I don't understand it? :S
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...12/pg1640.html

(Link to minor in psych page)
Old 06-28-2011 at 10:24 AM   #2
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

You have to take at least four courses that belong to either second-, third-, or fourth- years, and they must come from your electives.

EDIT: You don't have to worry about that now. Right now, just take both Intropsych courses (1X03 and 1XX3).
Old 06-28-2011 at 10:26 AM   #3
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IqzFendi View Post
I was looking at requirements for minor in psychology and I came across this point:
  1. In order to declare a Minor in Psychology, at least 12 units (above Level I) must be elective to degree.

Could someone please paraphrase this to me as I don't understand it? :S
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...12/pg1640.html

(Link to minor in psych page)
I think it means that you need to take 4 upper year psych courses that don't count as requirements for your program.
For example, in H.Biology, if taken, Psych2E03(on the bio course list) is considered as a requirement for the program. Therefore it won't be counted towards the 12 units of psych courses above level 1.
In other words, you'd need to take a minimum of 4 Psych courses that would be considered as an elective on you degree audit.

Goodluck! You can also contact the associate dean of science office for further clarification or if my explanation sucks.

Last edited by Purple2309 : 06-28-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: forgot to add that they must be upper year courses.

IqzFendi says thanks to Purple2309 for this post.
Old 06-28-2011 at 10:32 AM   #4
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Oh i see! That was helpful Adeola, thanks! And I've already done 1st year psych, I'm a 1st year student in Mac but I've received transfer credits from my high school and from York University where I was for 4 months so it makes me eligible to go into 2nd year psych but I still need to complete a few 1st year Life Sciences reqs for my Bio major