MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
when is the Course Books Listing 2010-2011 Available ?? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-08-2010 04:17 PM
Review my 2010-2011 course listing please :) Ragda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 06-09-2010 10:49 PM
Course Wait Listing? DumbEngKid Academics 2 05-06-2010 10:27 PM
Course Outlines Listing Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 06-21-2009 08:28 PM

Course Books Listing Available August 17th

2009-2010 Course Books Available August 17th

Titles will be releasing the course listings August 17th. This listing will provide you will the books that you will need for each course, be they mandatory or recommended. It is suggested that you NOT buy any course materials until this date since editions and materials change from year to year, and you do not want to buy a book you can't return!

You can also use the Titles site to calculate your book costs for full-year and Term I courses (Term II lists are released in December). Once you've figured out your cost, now you can shop around. No matter where you are buying the book from, make sure you are buying the right edition! You can cross-check using the title and ISBN. Some other suggestions of where to buy your books (and often for much cheaper!):If you are concerned about spending a lot on your books (and you can look forward to paying somewhere between $400-$900 a year as a full-time undergraduate student), shop around. This is one really good way to save you some cash, as is buying a book used. A used book at Titles costs about 25% less than a new book.

Are you an OSAP student? Don't forget about applying for the Textbook and Technology Grant! This is free money that you don't have to pay back! Last year this was available to all students, but this year the government is offering the $150 grant only to those on OSAP.

mcinside says thanks to lorend for this post.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-05-2009 at 01:42 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Ugh. This leaves me less time to get things via the mail. Jerks.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-05-2009 at 02:13 PM   #3
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times
Everyone who is granted OSAP is automatically considered for the T&T grant.

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:30 PM   #4
webzn

Liked: 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I was under the impression that T&T was discontinued.

August 17th, well, I know what I'll be doing on my birthday

Old 08-05-2009 at 04:13 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Yup, you're right. But their website is confusing:
How to Apply

You do not have to fill out a separate application form for this grant, because your eligibility is based on the information supplied on your OSAP application.
You may apply using the OSAP online application or paper application.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-05-2009 at 05:54 PM   #6
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times
You could also creep people at the tank to sell your old textbooks. It's a win win situation :p

Old 08-05-2009 at 06:57 PM   #7
webzn

Liked: 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
You could also creep people at the tank to sell your old textbooks. It's a win win situation :p
haha, my friend does that every year. It actually looks like she's trying to push drugs. "Hey you...you wanna buy a book eh?"

~*Sara*~ likes this.

Old 08-05-2009 at 09:15 PM   #8
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Please don't let books be more than 800 bucks this year... >.>

Old 08-05-2009 at 09:44 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Please don't let books be more than 800 bucks this year... >.>
I really hope a lot of the books stay the same so I can use my relatives books XD

Old 08-12-2009 at 10:34 AM   #10
Raeann89

Liked: 4 Times
Haha that's exactly what I've been doing! Last semester in Roman History pt 2, I used the textbook that my brother used over 15 years ago...same edition and everything

Old 08-12-2009 at 12:08 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeann89 View Post
Haha that's exactly what I've been doing! Last semester in Roman History pt 2, I used the textbook that my brother used over 15 years ago...same edition and everything
Yeah, what can change in roman history anyway? XD Well, I suppose if something new is uncovered...

crys.eg likes this.

Old 08-16-2009 at 10:51 PM   #12
dchan28

Liked: 1 Time
The Fall 2009-2010 book list is now out on Titles!

You can access the list here:

http://titles.mcmaster.ca/text/departments.htm

lorend, niteskie all say thanks to dchan28 for this post.

Old 08-16-2009 at 11:01 PM   #13
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times
The PSYCH 1X03 book is optional. So nothing is required?

Old 08-16-2009 at 11:02 PM   #14
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times
How do you know if you've been granted a T&T and the amount you're entitled to?

Old 08-16-2009 at 11:03 PM   #15
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
Argh. How annoying. I knew I should have taken CMST 2C03 last year. All the people I know in my program took it last year, and they said it was pretty good and the prof was good. Plus I know their textbook wasn't too expensive. Now I'll be alone, a different professor is teaching it and the textbook is some $102 dollar one and Titles has no used copies, all new copies on order. FML.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search