MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-09-2011 at 06:07 PM   #1
rmc04

Liked: 0 Times

course help
i am going into first year and i want to major in communications, and i know i have to take at least 12 units of humanities courses. i know i want to take communications (1a03) and multimedia (1a03) but i dont know what other ones to take from the humanities required list. i was thinking linguistics or an english. any suggestions? the easier ones would be great
Old 06-09-2011 at 07:53 PM   #2
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

I've heard that linguistics is one of the most unique courses at Mac. Overall I've heard great things about it. It won't be too easy, but everyone seems to enjoy the subject and finds it intriguing, and thus remains interested in the course as well.
Old 06-09-2011 at 07:56 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I've heard good reviews about English 1A03 and Linguistics 1A03, but I haven't taken them myself. Check out the course reviews though for more info: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...104.html?f=104
Old 06-09-2011 at 08:19 PM   #4
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I've heard mixed reviews about Linguistics. Half the people who take it, love it, whereas the other half regret taking the course. English is generally enjoyable
Old 06-09-2011 at 10:16 PM   #5
paulineg

Liked: 0 Times

one of my best friends was also in humanities lastyear and got into communications this year.
she said that linguistics was pretty hard for her and she did well in her other courses.

the other courses you can take that are easy are
womens studies
theatre and film
geography (1ha3 and 1hb3)
multi media

those are the ones she took.