MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Email notification with reply included? Cliu91 Site Feedback & Suggestions 2 11-14-2010 12:46 AM

Course notification HELP PLEASE!

Old 08-07-2012 at 11:42 AM   #1
Unregistered

Course notification HELP PLEASE!
So I checked my course today and I got a notifaction saying " sections conflict core" can someone explain this further
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:30 PM   #2
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

it means you have a certain section core at the same time with another course core.

what you need to do is to visit the https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/ (master timetable ) and look out for other cores that might suit you and make the changes accordingly when SOLAR REOPENS.
Old 08-07-2012 at 05:00 PM   #3
Unregistered

Okay, however it is for second semester and I am not able to view my second semester :s
Old 08-07-2012 at 05:11 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Overlap on cores/tutorials/labs. Core overlap could cause exams on the same time and cores/labs overlapping could just mean not enough time.
Old 08-07-2012 at 05:22 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Overlap on cores/tutorials/labs. Core overlap could cause exams on the same time and cores/labs overlapping could just mean not enough time.
How do I edit it if it's 2nd semester?
Old 08-07-2012 at 05:32 PM   #6
Kevinabrahak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Okay, however it is for second semester and I am not able to view my second semester :s
To view your 2nd semester:

#login to SOLAR and select timetable. what you'll then see is your first term only. however, if you scroll right to the top of the page, you'l see "term 2" right beside "term 1".

If you want to edit your 2nd semester, you will have to wait until SOLAR reopens on August 9, 8:30 am and make the changes. However, use the timetable generator and sort out the conflict ahead of time ( highly advisable ) !! hope that helps
Old 08-07-2012 at 05:36 PM   #7
Kevinabrahak

edit: to make any changes to your timetable:

# login to SOLAR, select fall/winter 2012/13 session, choose your cores/labs/tut and apply the changes. changes will most likely reflect on your personal timetable the following business day.
Old 08-07-2012 at 05:50 PM   #8
Unregistered

When I press term two it doesn't open, thanks for the helps this far
Old 08-07-2012 at 06:00 PM   #9
Briere

Liked: 2 Times

Okay so I am the one who started this thread and have finally gotten a mac email Another question is that now that I have a problem does that mean that I will no longer be able to take that class?
Old 08-07-2012 at 07:39 PM   #10
Kevinabrahak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briere View Post
Another question is that now that I have a problem does that mean that I will no longer be able to take that class?
not being able to view term 2 is messed up. What I would suggest is speak with your academic advisor (drop in an email ) about your problem. she might help you out in some way.

dont worry about your classes now. U have time until september 1st week. Spots will open up sooner or later. Keep logging in to see if you could accommodate the class at another time slot ( different core section )
Old 08-07-2012 at 11:21 PM   #11
bfur23

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When I press term two it doesn't open, thanks for the helps this far
The problem could be the browser you're using. Google chrome doesn't let me view Term 2 on the timetable but I have no problem seeing it when I use Internet Explorer.
Old 08-07-2012 at 11:36 PM   #12
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfur23 View Post
The problem could be the browser you're using. Google chrome doesn't let me view Term 2 on the timetable but I have no problem seeing it when I use Internet Explorer.
That's true, it's just a browser problem..works fine with Explorer but not with Chrome.
Old 08-08-2012 at 02:00 AM   #13
JAYJAY

Liked: 0 Times

Seeing term 2 doesn't work with Chrome, however, it does work with IE and Firefox.
Old 08-08-2012 at 02:52 AM   #14
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times

You can view term two with chrome, all you have to do is click on Term Two and then close the browser and click on timetable again, it should show you term 2.
Old 08-08-2012 at 09:38 PM   #15
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
You can view term two with chrome, all you have to do is click on Term Two and then close the browser and click on timetable again, it should show you term 2.
If you use Chrome you can click on term 2, refresh/reload the page and you should see term 2