MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full Course....??!! giddz Academics 1 08-30-2010 12:35 PM
Most electives are full already? thisisje Academics 6 07-02-2010 11:00 AM
Full Course load lululand First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-09-2009 01:20 PM
All Labs Full ??? Ruggedman Academics 2 08-21-2009 06:52 PM
Getting into a full course... Wolf11 Academics 1 09-07-2008 12:11 AM

course's full!

Old 06-20-2010 at 12:38 AM   #1
oHierlihy

Liked: 0 Times

course's full!
hey

soo right now I'm registering for course via mugsi, and despite my best attempts, i have not been able too get in to all the courses i want because they are full. does anyone have any advice for getting into these courses.

thanks for the help
Old 06-20-2010 at 08:55 AM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Everyone's in the same position as you.

Get your required courses. If they're full, e-mail the Academic Advisor of your program and ask them to open up a seat for you because it's necessary for your degree requirements. Provide your student number.

As far as electives go, you're shit out of luck. Sign up for anything at this point and pray that on August 11/12 (someone confirm) that more seats will be released. You can try e-mailing the Academic Advisors for the specific course's department and ask them to open up a seat for you, but as of right now, MOST of them are saying there is no wait list and you'll have to keep checking Solar or wait till August 12th and see if there are open seats.

I don't know what program your in, but you obviously didn't try logging onto Solar at midnight when it opened for you. That was your first mistake. I'm not saying you would have gotten into any more classes/electives that you wanted to (because I sure as hell didn't), but it might have helped.

Also, note that no one cares if you need courses for a minor. They don't consider that "a good reason" to open up a spot for you.

And keep your emails professional and make sure you use your mac e-mail.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 06-20-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-20-2010 at 09:32 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

A lot of people are experiencing the same thing right now. I recommend reading this for your options:http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...3.html?t=28483
Old 06-21-2010 at 04:44 PM   #4
oHierlihy

Liked: 0 Times

hey, thanks for the advice

actually, i did log on at midnight (well, 12:30 was the first time mugsi would let me in, and i still couldn't get all the coerces i wanted/needed. and then mugsi decided too be evil and not save anything i got. i have managed too get pretty much everything i got before, but i still have big gaps.

anyway, i will try your advice, thanks alott

Oliver