MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who Owns The GTR -> Your My Hero Bobert General Discussion 109 09-29-2009 10:34 PM
unlock Guitar Hero II marauderlove General Discussion 0 05-01-2008 03:17 PM
Guitar Hero III Tournament Starts Today! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-08-2008 07:47 AM
Guitar Hero III Fundraiser Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-29-2008 09:48 PM

Couse Hero?

Old 06-22-2010 at 10:48 AM   #1
otherscott

Liked: 0 Times

Couse Hero?
Anyone use this site before?
http://www.coursehero.com

I was googling a syllabus from a Mac course and it took me here and they showed a bunch of documents for a course I was looking at. Test reviews, study sheets, syllabus, etc.

I think it's a pay site unless you upload. I would be interested in paying for it if I knew it wasn't a scam.

Anyone try it before?

thanks,
Old 06-22-2010 at 10:51 AM   #2
killza

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherscott View Post

I was googling a syllabus from a Mac course and it took me here and they showed a bunch of documents for a course I was looking at. Test reviews, study sheets, syllabus, etc.

I think it's a pay site unless you upload. I would be interested in paying for it if I knew it wasn't a scam.

Anyone try it before?

thanks,
i think these sites are great + legit but the real course hero in the end would be your brain and dedication
Old 06-22-2010 at 11:12 AM   #3
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I can verify that the site is legit...I've used it on occasion (as an uploader...found a solution to a problem I just couldn't solve, so I thought of it as an 'exchange' of ideas)

Be careful to use it as a tool however, and not simply as a solution manual, etc.
Old 06-22-2010 at 01:25 PM   #4
killza

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I can verify that the site is legit...I've used it on occasion (as an uploader...found a solution to a problem I just couldn't solve, so I thought of it as an 'exchange' of ideas)

Be careful to use it as a tool however, and not simply as a solution manual, etc.
whoa.. a problem you couldn't solve? man, that must be some kind of really hardcore problem knowing you =P

completely off topic: thanks for all the linear algebra help even though I'm still kinda shake on the rotation and reflection stuff
Old 06-22-2010 at 01:34 PM   #5
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherscott View Post

Anyone try it before?

thanks,
It's not worth it...majority of the stuff you can get for free, like previous tests which many professors post on ELM anyways. As for assignments and labs, I could only find questions, no answers. If you network enough though, you should be able to get them for free from upper-year students.