Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cricket at Mac? Imtiaz Athletics & Recreation 8 07-30-2010 12:56 AM

Cricket at mac?

Old 07-04-2009 at 06:57 PM   #1
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Cricket at mac?
is there any cricket played at mcmaster university? if yes then when and where?
Old 07-04-2009 at 08:30 PM   #2
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goelk View Post
I know that there is a cricket club at mac but i'm not sure about their timings etc..
Perhaps you can find more information during clubfest in the WW. I know last year they had a booth in the clubfest.
Old 07-04-2009 at 11:30 PM   #3
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goelk View Post
Umm there is a cricket club which is extramural, I'm not sure what it actually means but they had multiple trials in fall last year and made an actual Mac team. I don't know how many matches it actually played and how developed the League/tournament system for varsity cricket is. But on the other hand there is both and outdoor and indoor season for Cricket as well and you can sign up as a free agent and hopefully someone will take you in. I believe there is a small community of people who regularly play pickup type of cricket in the indoor gyms as well but I don't think they have anything like a facebook group but they probably are the guys from the Cricket club so you'll just have to go in there an get to know them!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-06-2009 at 02:19 PM   #4
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

Is it just guys? My dad and all (ALL) of my cousins play cricket. I'd love to learn how.
Old 07-06-2009 at 02:23 PM   #5
kanishka
winning

i am a cricket maniac...probably i could teach u how....i am coming there this sept..
Old 07-06-2009 at 02:30 PM   #6
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
Is it just guys? My dad and all (ALL) of my cousins play cricket. I'd love to learn how.
Umm yeah I think so it is all guys :S I haven't seen any corec or girls cricket listings for Cricket Intramurals!

Old 07-06-2009 at 07:56 PM   #7
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

there is a cricket club.. i went to the first meeting last year and it was fail..
Old 07-06-2009 at 07:58 PM   #8
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
there is a cricket club.. i went to the first meeting last year and it was fail..
Well the intramurals seemed rather busy when I walked past them in the winter term :S

Old 07-07-2009 at 10:50 AM   #9
huzaifa47

Talking of Cricket, Kaniksha do you remember this EPIC PWNAGE of India? A perfect example of HOW to bowl in cricket for anyone new to it

lmao that's why we are champions!

Old 07-07-2009 at 11:00 AM   #10
kanishka
winning

wow...seriously man...tht was awesome...i mean anwar ali rocked india tht day!! can't take anything away from pakistan!!

and you have new clue how bad i felt coz the person who opened the batting for india is my brother!!

but seriously i'm a huge fan of anwar ali!!
Old 07-07-2009 at 11:03 AM   #11
kanishka
winning

hey by the way did u see anwar ali bowl after tht...coz once i saw him playing a domestic but he wasn't getting tht much swing...but i guess when i saw him the match was being played with an orange leather ball so maybe thts why!!??
Old 07-07-2009 at 10:29 PM   #12
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanishka View Post
wow...seriously man...tht was awesome...i mean anwar ali rocked india tht day!! can't take anything away from pakistan!!

and you have new clue how bad i felt coz the person who opened the batting for india is my brother!!

but seriously i'm a huge fan of anwar ali!!
Wait you said BROTHER?! How come? Which one of G.Dhiman, C Pujara or Sharma is your brother?

The track was a low scoring hard bowling track, but really the swing was due to his action more then the seam! But then again Pakistanis have this wierd ability to swing the ball wayy more then other countries

Anwar Ali has not been seen much since! His last reported International duty was with the Academy(B team) to Zimbawe and Kenya where he took an impressive 29 wickets at 16.31

I'm not sure why he has'nt been given an international debut yet, he had more then enough potential compared to Rao Ifthikhar and Rana Naveed(though Rana is class in reverse swing).

But its reaaaalllyyy not like we are missing him at all we still have Gul and tbe 17 year old Aamer(who just took 6 wickets in the Srilanka Test) and the worldclass Asif and Shoaib(whenever they sort out their issues that is!)

But some like Rana/Ajmal came into the side at 26/30! Anwar is only 21 right now!

Hows that lad Ishant Sharma doing? I heard he was apparently the next big young thing(Well after Irfan Pathan that is, we know how that turned out! )

Old 07-08-2009 at 03:29 AM   #13
kanishka
winning

i don't know about ishant sharma....i am not really a fan of indian bowling attack...to be honest i like the pakistani attack or australian(before mcgrath and hogg left)...now even tht sux...umer gul is one of my favorites....dude did u see the t-20's?bloody every damn thing was in the blockhole!!!amazing bowler!yeah ajmal came in pretty late...he is probably the best doosra bowler!Gaurav Dhiman is my brother..

Last edited by Kanishka : 07-08-2009 at 09:44 AM.