MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cycling classes epikness Athletics & Recreation 2 01-01-2012 11:42 AM
August 16? watercresent Academics 1 08-11-2010 09:08 AM
WELCOME DAY- August 7th pink_cupcake First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-11-2009 12:06 AM
Cycling Rules & Safety Tips DannyV Misc 4 05-23-2008 09:06 AM

Cycling to Mac for welcome day (august 10)

Old 07-30-2012 at 09:48 PM   #1
Arisu4

Liked: 7 Times

Cycling to Mac for welcome day (august 10)
Hello,

I am planing to cycle to Mac from Mississauga for the welcome day. I bet I would really need a shower when I get there, what are my options?

I was thinking if I get my student card (and if I can go swimming with it), I can just take a shower there, then maybe go for a swim if there is time.

Or can I get a one time visit to pulse and shower there? I heard its $10 or something like that.

thanks in advance,

ps: if anyone from Mississauga wants to go together, let me know
Old 07-30-2012 at 09:55 PM   #2
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

I don't think the pools run during the summer. As for showers, if you have access into the athletic center (not pulse itself), the change rooms have them.

I'm just not sure if your student card would let you into the athletic center.
Old 07-30-2012 at 09:58 PM   #3
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Why don't you just take the GO bus?
Old 07-30-2012 at 10:02 PM   #4
Arisu4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
Why don't you just take the GO bus?
not as fun as spending ~2 hours outside biking through the quiet roads. (well at least for me )
Old 07-30-2012 at 11:43 PM   #5
macearth

Liked: 0 Times

community pools
Hi - great to know you are cycling! Mac is a great school for supporting alt transportation! If you can't get into the pool at McMaster, Coronation Pool is nearby (outdoor) and you can get in for a few dollars. You can find the hours for the pool at the city of hamilton web site, or just google coronation pool schedule. It should be 1-7pm on a Friday. Also, that is Art Crawl night, if you want to stay into the evening.

Arisu4 says thanks to macearth for this post.
Old 07-31-2012 at 05:52 AM   #6
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times

Really respect your initiative! DBAC is open from 6 am to 10 pm on weekdays during the spring/summer. Normally, the student card allows you entry into the Athletic Centre because as part of our student fees, everyone has a DBAC membership (but not everyone has a Pulse membership which is extra). DBAC membership is enough to use the changerooms/showers. If you are entering first year this year, I'm not sure if you will have access because technically some first-years may not have paid their tuition fees since the deadline has not arrived yet - Sept 1st.
As long as the barcode is present on your student card and you scan it at the turnstile, it should let you through - unless they have programmed it not let students cards with the 2012/2013 year through.

If that is the case then you can gain entry into DBAC without going through the turnstile by entering the adjacent building, IWC which is connected to DBAC.
Once you are in IWC foyer. Take a left into a really big hallway which overlooks a gymnasium. Now you are in DBAC (Maroon Hallway). Follow the directions to go into the main atrium. You will have to go downstairs. The changerooms are in between the squash courts and the service desk.

Hope that helps

DBAC Hours of Operation
http://www.marauders.ca/sports/2011/...?path=services

Arisu4 says thanks to BlueWave for this post.
Old 07-31-2012 at 06:12 AM   #7
Arisu4

thanks, the IWC entrance is the one where you go up some stairs, isn't it? that is the only one I remember.
Old 07-31-2012 at 06:21 AM   #8
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times

Yes, that's the IWC entrance. When you enter IWC, there is an entrance lounge/foyer with lots of chairs/tables and then you take a left to enter DBAC. There are arrows and directions for DBAC too.
Old 07-31-2012 at 09:39 AM   #9
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

iwc is the older looking grey building. DBAC is the newer looking reddish building
Old 07-31-2012 at 12:48 PM   #10
dsouzajj2010

Liked: Liked 2 Times

FREE SHOWERS FOR ANYONE WITH A STUDENT CARD

go in through main doors that face the escarpment
down the stairs
scan card
walk through turnstile
bear right, take right
then take left to the change rooms

many showers!
with lots of lockers