MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-04-2008 at 12:21 AM   #46
veena_vd

Liked: 2 Times

Hey.. ive been haveing the same problem.. it says "error creating magnet registry key". The only thing I did differently was to make the download folder some where else rather than into the program files, where I downloaded DC++.

Anyone know what we have to do?
Old 09-04-2008 at 07:58 AM   #47
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

You could try disabling your computer's firewall if you have one or setting DC to passive. Go to Files, Settings, Connections and then check off passive.
Old 09-04-2008 at 02:12 PM   #48
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Does anyone know whether DC works in MUSC or not? I saw one guy posting here who said it worked for him, but I'm not sure if that was a fluke or not.
Old 09-04-2008 at 06:52 PM   #49
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

I'm pretty sure you have to be in your residence connect to the internet to be able to use DC++.
Old 09-04-2008 at 07:31 PM   #50
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

It used to work from MUSC, but it's something that could easily be blocked by UTS if they wanted to do it. I'm not sure whether they have or not - someone who has it working in res needs to head over there and try it and come back and tell everyone!
Old 09-04-2008 at 08:05 PM   #51
Stan

Liked: 10 Times

I know for a fact it doesn't work from JHE, it might work from MUSC.
Old 09-04-2008 at 08:10 PM   #52
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Are you using the wireless in JHE on your own laptop? There may be a difference between the wireless and wired networks - so if you're trying it with MacConnect via WiFi and it doesn't work, try plugging an ethernet cable into one of the wall/floor jacks in MUSC and give that a shot - it's what I used to do, since my old laptop didn't have WiFi. It's entirely possible that it won't work anymore, though - it's very easy to block if they wanted to.