DC++ falsely banned muffinccc General Discussion 6 09-11-2009 12:15 AM

DC++ Banned

Old 09-13-2009 at 09:10 AM   #16
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
Well sorry to hear you've had what seems like a terrible experience getting stuff from there.
not terrible, it's just that the selection and the quality sucks. As well as people renaming files.
e.g. if you download a movie from 2007, instead of DVDRips you get a TS.

Quote:
List 5 other usernames that are password protected right now.
huh?
I know that usernames can be password protected. And if it asks me for a password I should just change my username.
Old 09-13-2009 at 09:17 AM   #17
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by faytless View Post
So, yeah, I did lol.
Anywahy is there a way to get my IP unbanned?
The only admin I can contact right now has a history of not helping or liking Asians named "Jeff" >__>
But I told him about this topic =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
huh?
I know that usernames can be password protected. And if it asks me for a password I should just change my username.
It's his first time using the program and assuming that the first username he tried was password protected he wouldn't know why he was asked for a password. Still doesn't necessarily mean he's not good with computers as a whole.
Old 09-13-2009 at 09:21 AM   #18
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
anyone who is good with computers can download files themselves...

also, see the topic of this thread. the OP is not good with computers and got b&
I remember yesterday when I was looking for Donnie Darko to watch with a friend, I clearly thought, I could find a private torrent tracker and get this at 2mbs max, find an IRC server spend months getting a good rep and cred and then still likely be forced to wait in cue before I could DL the file (once again at 2mbs max) or spend months hanging out on forums to get access to private FTPs so I could once again get the file at 2mbs max, luckily by the time I had finished going through that thought process I had already searched, found downloaded and begun watching the movie using DC++.

Stop being a tool Dragoon.

BTW
Faytless, go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and PM whatever ip it says is yours there, I'll unban it for you if it actually in banned

Last edited by Tailsnake : 09-13-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-13-2009 at 10:04 AM   #19
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I remember yesterday when I was looking for Donnie Darko to watch with a friend, I clearly thought, I could find a private torrent tracker and get this at 2mbs max, find an IRC server spend months getting a good rep and cred and then still likely be forced to wait in cue before I could DL the file (once again at 2mbs max) or spend months hanging out on forums to get access to private FTPs so I could once again get the file at 2mbs max, luckily by the time I had finished going through that thought process I had already searched, found downloaded and begun watching the movie using DC++.

Stop being a tool Dragoon.
lolwat
2Mbps is pretty fast and you can get that from public trackers. No need to go on IRC or find a private FTP server.

but is the file you found on DC++ what you wanted?
it's a 700MB file "Donnie Darko.avi" amirite

It has nothing on bitrate, resolution, source, whether it's the DC version, what codec it uses, etc.

If you don't know what any of these are, or you don't care about these things, you probably aren't very good with computers.
Old 09-13-2009 at 10:43 AM   #20
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

way to troll!!
Old 09-13-2009 at 11:19 AM   #21
cowpuppy

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
you probably aren't very good with computers.
Says the guy with the terrible screen name. =P
Old 09-13-2009 at 11:28 AM   #22
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
lolwat
2Mbps is pretty fast and you can get that from public trackers. No need to go on IRC or find a private FTP server.

but is the file you found on DC++ what you wanted?
it's a 700MB file "Donnie Darko.avi" amirite

It has nothing on bitrate, resolution, source, whether it's the DC version, what codec it uses, etc.

If you don't know what any of these are, or you don't care about these things, you probably aren't very good with computers.
So your logic is that I should've used a method where I would get less than 1/10th the speed to download a file almost 10 times the size so I could watch higher quality video on my ~15" laptop screen?

What you're saying makes no sense, DC++ is great for picking up content quickly (and there is HD content on DC too), yes the selection isn't as great as torrents but as long as it has what I want I'd use DC over a torrent any day and I can't see why any one wouldn't. Maybe if I was at home and I was watching the movie on a 50" HDTV, but on a laptop screen HD quality isn't a significant enough jump to warrant the >100 times longer wait for the movie.
Old 09-13-2009 at 11:37 AM   #23
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

ummm, not necessarily higher quality. it's so you know what you're getting.

Is it a DVDRip, BRRip, R5 or what exactly, is it the Director's Cut or not, does it have the correct subtitles, etc

And do you really need to watch a movie immediately? If it's a movie like Donnie Darko which is almost 10 years old, I would rather wait 5 hours to download the Director's Cut BRRip than get some random 700MB file in 1 minute
If you've already waited 8 years to watch the movie, I think you can wait another 5 hours.

[email protected], cowpuppy is a worse screenname