MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-09-2007 at 11:16 AM   #1
asdafds332

Liked: 0 Times

DC++ help
since i dont live on campus anymore could someone check something on DC++ for me!! in search type in "math 3i03" and if anything pops up (like past papers lecture notes etc.) could u save it and send it as an attachment here!! thx!!!!
Old 07-17-2008 at 09:58 PM   #2
s2dan

Liked: 0 Times

yea i dont have it either..i'm wondering the same thing.
Old 07-21-2008 at 09:46 AM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

DC++ isn't up right now for campus as it's the summer. You'll have to ask a friend during the year after someone has set it up.

Old 07-21-2008 at 01:45 PM   #4
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I've never used DC++ for anything other than movies/songs
Old 07-21-2008 at 09:12 PM   #5
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

some people post up note and what not.. i remember stumbling upon the pdf file for one of my math textbooks on dc++... prb a cd version that was cracked and put on it to share with people... made me wish i didn't go buy the textbook. so yeah some people post their school stuff on it too..
Old 07-22-2008 at 08:14 AM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Yep!
And be careful when you're setting up your own account so that you don't allow DC++ access to your private files. Sometimes you'll see someones resume on DC and you know they probably gave it access to their My Doc's file by accident.

Old 07-22-2008 at 08:39 AM   #7
ferreinm
Elite Member

OH yeah. I remember being warned about that!
Also, sometimes the file isn't what you think it is. I remember downloading a Hilary Duff movie (don't ask) and it ended up being ****.
Old 07-22-2008 at 08:58 AM   #8
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Yeah... scan stuff if you're downloading a ZIP or RAR file, that sort of stuff. Just play it safe.

Old 07-24-2008 at 03:09 AM   #9
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
And be careful when you're setting up your own account so that you don't allow DC++ access to your private files. Sometimes you'll see someones resume on DC and you know they probably gave it access to their My Doc's file by accident.
I'll concur with this one - it's amazing how many people accidentally share their entire hard drive or large directory structures. If it's just a resume that you accidentally shared, consider yourself fortunate.....some people have inadvertently shared some, uh, "private" pictures or videos of themselves, which can be a tad embarassing if they happen to be found by your floormates.....

(and no, it wasn't me :p)
Old 07-26-2008 at 11:15 AM   #10
ferreinm
Elite Member

Haha, oh man that'd be brutal.
Luckily, my CA did it for me and made certain that only music would be shared through the program.
Old 07-27-2008 at 12:08 AM   #11
Stan

Liked: 10 Times

I wonder who is going to setup dc++ this year, neil's been bugging me to do it lol.