MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deferred Exam PaulFrank Academics 2 08-26-2010 06:53 PM
<font color="#3C69AE">Deferred Exam Mark Release</font> jimmyjones Academics 11 07-08-2010 11:00 AM
Deferred exam MISSED! :( Rock007 Academics 1 06-25-2010 11:57 AM
Deferred Exam for Bio 1A03 lades Academics 10 06-23-2009 10:23 PM
Final Exam Deferral Question (Commerce Program) blooreema Academics 1 04-17-2009 02:37 AM

Deferred Exam and Program Qualification

Old 06-04-2009 at 01:25 PM   #1
aruschpler

Liked: 0 Times

Deferred Exam and Program Qualification
I had to have an April exam deferred because of a funeral and am scheduled to write on June 22nd. Because I don't have 30 units, I don't currently qualify for my second year program. Does the university staff know this and accommodate as such, do I have to go down to an academic counselor or will I have to mirror the required courses for next year while reapplying into my program?

I'm in Social Science, going into 2nd year with Econ as my intended major.

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-10-2009 at 03:31 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Because you're not applying to an over-subscribed program, IF this causes you to have to mirror the honours program there will be space for you to enter the program in third year.

However, I am pretty sure that since you have a deferred exam your course selection is taken into account. Do your options say something along the lines of "pending approval"?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-10-2009 at 04:06 PM   #3
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

I have a similar situation as I'm transferring into another program and am pending acceptance because of my deferred exam. I have to get permission to register in each class because my acceptance won't come through in time.

Your application to Econ will be considered once they get the final grade for that last class. Go see an academic adviser in KTH and ask about how you should go about registering for classes since you won't have a program to register in when your SOLAR date comes around. They're open for drop in 1-4 Monday to Friday.