Deferred Exam PaulFrank Academics 2 08-26-2010 06:53 PM
Deferred Exams kwyhan Academics 0 07-20-2010 05:49 PM
Deferred Exam for Bio 1A03 lades Academics 10 06-23-2009 10:23 PM

# of deferred examz

Old 04-06-2011 at 10:58 PM   #1
actuary_asa

Liked: 0 Times

# of deferred examz
Hi, I am just wondering if there's a limited number of deferred exam for each student? Can a person defer more than 2 exams in a year? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:20 AM   #2
farid-creep

No clue, but what could they possibly say?

"NO YOU CAN'T BE SICK FOR 3 WEEKS!
I FAIL YOU!"
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:28 PM   #3
ThagsanaR

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuary_asa View Post
Hi, I am just wondering if there's a limited number of deferred exam for each student? Can a person defer more than 2 exams in a year? Thanks!
You get two chances to fill out the MSAF per term. But, this is within a five day period. So, you can defer as many assignments/tests as you want, as long as it's within five days of the time you filled out your MSAF. So, say you fill out an MSAF on Friday, you would be able to defer any assignments/midterms that you' missed starting from Monday.

Don't get too carried away with this, though. You'll regret it when your final's worth 90% of your mark!

HelloThere__ likes this.
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:39 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThagsanaR View Post
You get two chances to fill out the MSAF per term. But, this is within a five day period. So, you can defer as many assignments/tests as you want, as long as it's within five days of the time you filled out your MSAF. So, say you fill out an MSAF on Friday, you would be able to defer any assignments/midterms that you' missed starting from Monday.

Don't get too carried away with this, though. You'll regret it when your final's worth 90% of your mark!
You can't 'defer as many assignments/tests as you want'...
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:43 PM   #5
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThagsanaR View Post

I thought the MSAF cannot be used for final exams?

farid-creep says thanks to ikantsepll for this post.
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:45 PM   #6
farid-creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
I thought the MSAF cannot be used for final exams?
Yup, it's offline now. Need legit reasons to defer an exam.

The McMaster Student Absence Form (MSAF) service is currently offline.

ikantsepll says thanks to farid-creep for this post.
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:46 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farid-creep View Post
Yup, it's offline now. Need legit reasons to defer an exam.

The McMaster Student Absence Form (MSAF) service is currently offline.

Which is crappy, because I forgot about an assignment worth something like 5% of my grade.. I wonder why they would disable it now? I don't think any exams had occurred by the time they disabled it
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:50 PM   #8
farid-creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Which is crappy, because I forgot about an assignment worth something like 5% of my grade.. I wonder why they would disable it now? I don't think any exams had occurred by the time they disabled it
That's not what the MSAF if for ಠ_ಠ

Meh I'm pretty sure they are gonna get rid of the MSAF next year because we all abused it too much.
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:53 PM   #9
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farid-creep View Post
That's not what the MSAF if for ಠ_ಠ

Meh I'm pretty sure they are gonna get rid of the MSAF next year because we all abused it too much.
Thats not what I was using it for, but feel free to believe that.
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:56 PM   #10
farid-creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Thats not what I was using it for, but feel free to believe that.
What do you mean that's not what you were using it for? You just told us a few posts back that you WOULD have used it if it was still available just because you forgot about the assignment...