Dexter season 5 qwerty! Movies & Television 44 12-13-2010 11:14 PM

Dexter

Old 08-11-2011 at 04:11 PM   #16
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Can't wait, easily the best show airing on television currently.
You think so?

I think Breaking Bad is far better, along with Game of Thrones.
Old 08-11-2011 at 04:22 PM   #17
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
You think so?

I think Breaking Bad is far better, along with Game of Thrones.
Haven't watched season 5 (save for the first episode) but I think I will be watching season 6 as Edward James Olmos (of Battlestar Galactic fame) is going to be starring in it and I love the sound of his voice.

Quoted Alchemist because I agree with Game of Thrones being a far superior television show - felt like I was watching a movie the entire time.

Last edited by Deegs14 : 08-11-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2011 at 04:32 PM   #18
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
Haven't watched season 5 (save for the first episode) but I think I will be watching season 6 as Edward James Olmos (of Battlestar Galactic fame) is going to be starring in it and I love the sound of his voice.

Quoted Alchemist because I agree with Game of Thrones being a far superior television show - felt like I was watching a movie the entire time.
As much as I like Game of Thrones I think Breaking Bad is better still (not the first season, but it continually gets better as it goes along). Before I started watching it I was surprised how Bryan Cranston won 3 Emmy's in a row, every year Breaking Bad aired, but then after watching it I totally agree with their decision.

The interesting thing about GoT is that season 1 was just like a pre-cursor, the initial book out of 7 planned, which means I'm sure some crazy **** happens. So that looks to be amazing in the future as well.
Old 08-11-2011 at 05:38 PM   #19
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
As much as I like Game of Thrones I think Breaking Bad is better still (not the first season, but it continually gets better as it goes along). Before I started watching it I was surprised how Bryan Cranston won 3 Emmy's in a row, every year Breaking Bad aired, but then after watching it I totally agree with their decision.

The interesting thing about GoT is that season 1 was just like a pre-cursor, the initial book out of 7 planned, which means I'm sure some crazy **** happens. So that looks to be amazing in the future as well.
I haven't watched Breaking Bad but its definitely been a show I've been meaning to get into for sometime now - I've always liked the actor, Cranston.
I'm still trying to decide if I should be reading the books or not - It would be nice to get the story and character all at once, but on the other hand I really enjoyed watching the television show without any prior knowledge - like that one scene near the end of the series ( I assume you know which scene I'm talking about), when it happened my I was so shocked, and obviously if I read the book prior I would have know what would have happened leaving me with less of an impact. Yes, I could gte the same "shock" from reading the books, but I felt the scene was that much more powerful when it was visualized.
Maybe I'll just end up reading each book after the season ends, I don't know
Old 08-11-2011 at 10:32 PM   #20
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
I haven't watched Breaking Bad but its definitely been a show I've been meaning to get into for sometime now - I've always liked the actor, Cranston.
I'm still trying to decide if I should be reading the books or not - It would be nice to get the story and character all at once, but on the other hand I really enjoyed watching the television show without any prior knowledge - like that one scene near the end of the series ( I assume you know which scene I'm talking about), when it happened my I was so shocked, and obviously if I read the book prior I would have know what would have happened leaving me with less of an impact. Yes, I could gte the same "shock" from reading the books, but I felt the scene was that much more powerful when it was visualized.
Maybe I'll just end up reading each book after the season ends, I don't know
Lol yeah I've had the same thoughts about the book - almost exactly the same, in fact. I'm half way through the first book but caught up in MCAT studying right now, once I'm done I'm probably gonna resume reading it, but I don't want to jump ahead to the second book because I like being amazed by the show. I feel like I have to read the books eventually though just to give George R.R. Martin credit...I mean it's his story so all the cool stuff from the show is really in his mind. It'd probably be just as good if not better to hear him tell the story (or read it, rather) compared to watching it on TV.

And regarding BB, watch it - trust me. Bryan Cranston is amazing ^_^
Old 09-05-2011 at 05:57 PM   #21
Kaan

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Doakes...he was hilarious... I wish he never died.
agreed. I was pretty shaken up at the end of season 2. I really liked his character and the antagonism with Dexter.
Old 09-09-2011 at 11:15 AM   #22
landoni

Liked: 0 Times

love this show!! can't wait for it to come back on!