Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Physics 1Bo3 exam help!! sosmcmaster Academics 0 12-17-2010 12:05 PM
Physics 1LO3 vs. Physics 1BO3 The Effekt Academics 11 06-25-2010 11:18 PM

Difference between Physics 1A03 and 1BO3

Old 06-28-2015 at 10:42 PM   #1
leavealegacy

Liked: 1 Time

Difference between Physics 1A03 and 1BO3
can anyone tell me the difference between the courses. I look on the academic calendar and can't find 1Ao3 only 1bo3 but i can still enrol in 1ao3. if anyone can tell me the difference and a description of both courses and what would be better for med school prerequisites.
Thank you
Old 06-29-2015 at 01:41 AM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

I commented on the other post regarding the differences. I don't think there are any Canadian med schools that require physics to be taken. The only place you'll encounter physics is on the MCAT. The physics on the MCAT should cover 1A03 and 1AA3 material. However you can always learn it on your own as there are tons of people who do that. Most american med schools require a full year of physics.

However if you've never taken physics before, your only option is 1A03. If you have grade 12 physics you can take 1A03 or 1C03
Old 06-29-2015 at 05:37 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavealegacy View Post
can anyone tell me the difference between the courses. I look on the academic calendar and can't find 1Ao3 only 1bo3 but i can still enrol in 1ao3. if anyone can tell me the difference and a description of both courses and what would be better for med school prerequisites.
Thank you
Then you are likely looking at last year's calendar. This year's calendar is updated to include the new physics course codes, with 1B03 and 1LS3 removed. You should make sure you are always using the correct course calendar.
Old 06-29-2015 at 10:44 AM   #4
leavealegacy

Liked: 1 Time

when i go to enrol both courses are still offered
Old 06-29-2015 at 11:36 AM   #5
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

I don't know where you're looking but you cannot enrol in 1B03. If you go to Search -> Browse Course Catalogue -> Physics -> 1B03 -> View Class Sections -> 2015 Spring/Summer is the only session and that ran from May to June.