MacInsiders Logo

disadvantages of co-op

Old 03-24-2011 at 12:44 PM   #1
golden

Liked: 0 Times

disadvantages of co-op
I was wondering what you guys think the disadvantages of co-op are. Especially if without being in the co-op program itself I could be equally successful in finding employment in the science field during the summers when I'm not in school.

In my case specifically I'm in 2nd year and I have lab experience as I was fortunate to get a paid research assistant position in a mac lab for this summer and last year.

Do u think that co-op still be advantages for me? Or will the experience I have be ok?

thanks in advance for your opinions
Old 03-24-2011 at 12:56 PM   #2
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden View Post
I was wondering what you guys think the disadvantages of co-op are. Especially if without being in the co-op program itself I could be equally successful in finding employment in the science field during the summers when I'm not in school.

In my case specifically I'm in 2nd year and I have lab experience as I was fortunate to get a paid research assistant position in a mac lab for this summer and last year.

Do u think that co-op still be advantages for me? Or will the experience I have be ok?

it's a competitive world, so honestly the more variety of experience you have the better and if you are applying to grad school or even professional school or better yet even jobs after graduation, it's nice to be able to draw upon your experiences.

personally if i were you, i would go for the co-op.
Old 03-24-2011 at 01:01 PM   #3
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden View Post

um because at the end of it all your degree say's co-op beside it? very few employers are going to higher you without any work experience. Also if you make a good impression whoever you did your co-op term with might want to higher you in the future.

also working is much more fun than doing school work.....sometimes... ...okay its boring most times but at the end of the day you can punch out the clock and do whatever the f u c k you want, not stuck studying and doing projects at 2 in the morning.

the only bad thing is your stuck hear at mac with all the smelly brown ppl for an extra year.
Old 03-24-2011 at 01:07 PM   #4
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

You graduate in 5 years instead of 4. Then again, this isn't really a disadvantage.
Old 03-24-2011 at 01:25 PM   #5
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
um because at the end of it all your degree say's co-op beside it? very few employers are going to higher you without any work experience. Also if you make a good impression whoever you did your co-op term with might want to higher you in the future.

also working is much more fun than doing school work.....sometimes... ...okay its boring most times but at the end of the day you can punch out the clock and do whatever the f u c k you want, not stuck studying and doing projects at 2 in the morning.

the only bad thing is your stuck hear at mac with all the smelly brown ppl for an extra year.

DUDEEEEEE COME ON!! HIGHER VS. HIRE

nerual, Patrick.O like this.
Old 03-24-2011 at 01:56 PM   #6
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post

plz excuse, sofaking retarded sometimes( not iritated jus embarassed)

RememberTwce likes this.