Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disappointed with Thode crhayes General Discussion 22 11-27-2009 12:06 AM

Disappointed !

Old 06-29-2010 at 12:10 AM   #1
kuruczpa

Liked: 4 Times

Disappointed !
I was disappointed when i logged on at 12:05 that mmedia A103 was full already. Is there any way I will be able to switch out of the course i had to pick up ( a second anthro class) and get into mmedia? What do you think the chances of that happening is?

Paul
Old 06-29-2010 at 12:18 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruczpa View Post
I was disappointed when i logged on at 12:05 that mmedia A103 was full already. Is there any way I will be able to switch out of the course i had to pick up ( a second anthro class) and get into mmedia? What do you think the chances of that happening is?

Paul
You'll have to keep on trying, don't give up. Also try contacting the faculty. Most of the times they will tell you to keep on trying and that they can't do anything for you, but sometimes they are nicer.
Old 06-29-2010 at 09:45 AM   #3
dani.garc

Liked: 0 Times

Unfortunately, being in first year is a drag because all of the appealing electives are filled by upper years. So as mentioned above, you can only test your luck and keep trying on SOLAR hoping for good timing.
Old 06-29-2010 at 10:01 AM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Remember that when SOLAR reopens in August, you have until September to finalise your courses (i.e. adding and dropping). I'd recommend trying at obscure times. That's how I got into the Physics lab slot I wanted. As well, contacting the faculty in a very nice email tends to help.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-29-2010 at 10:04 AM   #5
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

it's a huge class like 400-500 people. i think you'll have a chance of getting in as long as you keep trying.
Old 06-30-2010 at 02:12 AM   #6
Sam321

Liked: 0 Times

Contact the faculty.
Old 06-30-2010 at 03:05 AM   #7
vp15

Liked: 4 Times

hey I applied for that course today and I got in so just keep trying
Old 06-30-2010 at 05:05 AM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani.garc View Post
Unfortunately, being in first year is a drag because all of the appealing electives are filled by upper years. So as mentioned above, you can only test your luck and keep trying on SOLAR hoping for good timing.
That is horribly ass backwards.

There's a limit on how many upper year students can register for first year courses. If that was really the case, I don't think upper years like myself would still be stuck in bullshit classes such as geog 1ha3.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.