MacInsiders Logo

do I need help or am i just imagining it?

Old 11-29-2011 at 10:45 AM   #1
manap3001
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

do I need help or am i just imagining it?
so I just wanted to know if im alone in this or is everyone like this?

for the longest time I've felt like I have 2 different brains.

1) The rational brain: good at making decisions, good at being organized, good at planning stuff etc.

2)The creative brain: wanders all over the place, is easily stressed and distracted,impulsive, procrastinates, is amazing for school work because it assumes nothing and takes most stuff in.

Last year and during the summer,at will I was able to choose which "brain" I wanted to use, and strictly only used the creative brain when: I needed to study, and when I relaxed.

However with so much more schoolwork and needing to use the creative brain so much more (studying), I find myself in the creative brain state ALOT more w/o fully realizing it, this prevents me from making good decisions b/c my brain is working at a mile a minute, and I get unrealistically anxious and depressed (about making the bad decisions) and my imagination runs wild, school work is hard to start, and it throws off my shedule.

does this happen to anyone else? Do I need medication? is this ADD/ADHD?
Old 11-29-2011 at 11:21 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Sort of sounds like me, except I can't study at all :/ I can't really comment on the 'creative' and 'rational' brains though, thats kind of bollocks. I certainly do have such a drastically work eithic in the summer and regular school year.

manap3001 says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 11-29-2011 at 11:30 AM   #3
manap3001
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Sort of sounds like me, except I can't study at all :/ I can't really comment on the 'creative' and 'rational' brains though, thats kind of bollocks. I certainly do have such a drastically work eithic in the summer and regular school year.
how is it bollocks? I honestly feel I have two different thought processes going on.
Old 11-29-2011 at 11:57 AM   #4
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Being aware of such a thing is a lot in itself.

I have 2e with ADD and some mild anxiety. You might have ADD, but you can't simply convince yourself. ADD is a medical issue fundamentally rooted in the poor / insufficient formation of protein chains and fluids in the brain which help transmit thought, in a way.

Interest in subjects however triggers proper releases temporarily, thus shocking the brain and creating an almost-addicting euphoria of ambition and interest. This isn't just for school. It applies to all life activities; sports, work, hobbies, and even interest in people / relationships (lol this part of it really sucks!)

If you would like to discuss this in detail, speak to someone in SAS and book a test(external to school). Tests for ADD/ADHD completely block out any false diagnoses too.

PM me if you need any advice, assistance, or someone to talk to.

Be well.

Last edited by ZSimon : 11-29-2011 at 12:01 PM.