MacInsiders Logo

How do you do it?

Old 11-30-2010 at 09:50 PM   #16
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Translation: how do you deal with knowing you won't be young forever, accepting your fate as it unfolds, and most importantly, knowing you only have one shot at this life. Is it better to ignore the aforementioned, or accept it and realize how much it actually sucks.

Normal talk ftw.
Jesus christ anyone who said they didn't understand obviously was kidding

It's not like he was speaking in alliteration or something

Ish001 likes this.
Old 11-30-2010 at 09:51 PM   #17
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Jesus christ anyone who said they didn't understand obviously was kidding

It's not like he was speaking in alliteration or something

i'm ignoring the fact that I have an essay due tomorrow. Leave me alone :(
Old 11-30-2010 at 09:52 PM   #18
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
i'm ignoring the fact that I have an essay due tomorrow. Leave me alone :(
I have a research paper due Thursday and a mid-term that morning at 8:30 as well.

A mid-term that I missed last week due to my having a grand mal seizure on the bus on the way to school LOL /sciencestudent

Last edited by Kendoon : 11-30-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2010 at 10:34 PM   #19
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Translation: how do you deal with knowing you won't be young forever, accepting your fate as it unfolds, and most importantly, knowing you only have one shot at this life. Is it better to ignore the aforementioned, or accept it and realize how much it actually sucks.

Normal talk ftw.
for someone who's supposed to be good at this kinda stuff u stink, rather than accepting his fate, he's referring to the fact that he has yet to take control of his life and hates his complacency, and hates even more the fact that he makes excuses for himself (the "one day" stuff), even though he's so close ("one lap")

I for one think its school related, the poor ******* wants to be a doctor(probably) but he has yet to find a way to achieve his goal like his more succesful friends.

sheesh
Old 11-30-2010 at 10:44 PM   #20
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
for someone who's supposed to be good at this kinda stuff u stink, rather than accepting his fate, he's referring to the fact that he has yet to take control of his life and hates his complacency, and hates even more the fact that he makes excuses for himself (the "one day" stuff), even though he's so close ("one lap")

I for one think its school related, the poor ******* wants to be a doctor(probably) but he has yet to find a way to achieve his goal like his more succesful friends.

sheesh
Actually, since I am good at what I do, the first thing I can tell you is that his statement can, and does have multiple interpretations.

Thanks, though, for your insight.
Old 11-30-2010 at 10:48 PM   #21
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Does anyone else find it horribly wrong that you people are doing an in-depth analysis of a forum post as if it were Shakespeare?

camais likes this.
Old 11-30-2010 at 10:56 PM   #22
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
Does anyone else find it horribly wrong that you people are doing an in-depth analysis of a forum post as if it were Shakespeare?
usually thats ur job mr serious

Rakim, SilentWalker like this.
Old 11-30-2010 at 10:58 PM   #23
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:

Let us have our fun, Dave
Old 11-30-2010 at 11:14 PM   #24
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

AelyaS, BlakeM like this.
Old 11-30-2010 at 11:14 PM   #25
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Well according to the code of conduct, Dave, your violating section 5.4 paragraph 1.

Old 11-30-2010 at 11:18 PM   #26
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Well according to the code of conduct, Dave, your violating section 5.4 paragraph 1.

5.4 is Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity/Images...

how do you figure? Also all the sections of the CoC are only one paragraph, so that isn't necessary.
Old 11-30-2010 at 11:24 PM   #27
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I've never read the coc, as you can tell by my posts.
Old 11-30-2010 at 11:25 PM   #28
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
I just figured it'd be dictated at you every time you got in trouble. So by now you'd have read it more times than anyone else I'm aware of.

On Topic: I don't really think of aging as something to be dreaded. While it's true that you will watch your chances go by, there are always more chances to come. As long you don't let your fears and insecurities control you, you shouldn't have too much to regret when you finally do get old. So even though you only get one shot at life, as long as you did your best you should be able to look back on your life with pride. My suggestion is that you 'remove your blindfold' but don't just see the chaos. Look past the chaos and find greater meaning. if you get caught up on all the little disappointments and problems with life you'll miss the bigger picture. As the saying goes: "It is often hard to see the forest through the trees"

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 11-30-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2010 at 12:23 AM   #29
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Speak for yourself, aging scares the bejeezus out of me. I don't care how much I accomplish (or don't) with my life, the fact that you're constantly getting closer to death is scary as hell. I'm also a tad scared of the wrinkles/lost hair/general not being able to function at full capacity associated with aging.
Old 12-01-2010 at 12:34 AM   #30
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
It'd be pretty sad if someone actually did read the CoC