MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iClicker? Needlenose Academics 3 09-14-2010 12:41 AM

How Do You Know If You Set Your Iclicker Up Correctly?

Old 10-16-2010 at 05:13 PM   #1
rcmp1234

Liked: 7 Times

How Do You Know If You Set Your Iclicker Up Correctly?
how do i know if its been properly set up...i dont want to find out at the end of the year that none of my answers registered.
Old 10-16-2010 at 05:22 PM   #2
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

meet the prof to make sure that your iclicker is properly registered?
Old 10-16-2010 at 05:45 PM   #3
elvindsouza

Liked: 8 Times

This might help.
http://www.iclicker.com/registration/lookup.aspx
Old 10-16-2010 at 08:59 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Wow, it says not found. I guess I haven't been doing anything in class for the past bit when we were doing iClickers.
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:26 PM   #5
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
Wow, it says not found. I guess I haven't been doing anything in class for the past bit when we were doing iClickers.
I suggest re-registering it. But I'd check with you prof to see if he has anything recorded for you
Old 10-17-2010 at 12:19 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
What did you use for the student ID section? Your MacID or student number? It should the the MacID. If it still says that, I would re-register it as soon as possible. And don't worry, I remember in Chem last year, there was something like 40 people who weren't properly registered with their iClickers, but they registered again by a certain set date before exams, and the prof was was able to give them the mark for the participation. Don't ask me how they track it though, I have no idea =$
Old 10-17-2010 at 02:11 AM   #7
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

x_X; Seems so bothersome and confusing, dislike! I hope I'll never need one in my classes...
Old 10-17-2010 at 11:10 AM   #8
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
What did you use for the student ID section? Your MacID or student number? It should the the MacID. If it still says that, I would re-register it as soon as possible. And don't worry, I remember in Chem last year, there was something like 40 people who weren't properly registered with their iClickers, but they registered again by a certain set date before exams, and the prof was was able to give them the mark for the participation. Don't ask me how they track it though, I have no idea =$
Oh...it's a participation mark? I thought it was however many you got right out of the total, counting for 3% of the mark. In any case, I've already missed half the term for some reason...:(.
Old 10-17-2010 at 12:23 PM   #9
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Each iClicker has it's own unique ID and is saved each time you submit an answer. So you can still use it even though its not registered to your macid. Your not missing out on easy marks...unless of course you never link it lol so do it before exams!
Old 10-19-2010 at 07:14 PM   #10
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

If it's for participation, you can probably ask the IA or the prof to check the number on your iClicker against their recorded totals.
I made the mistake of reg'ing my student number instead of ID. When I went to the IA, he just matched the number on my device to his list of "unknowns" and attached my name to it. Then I went to the website and changed it there, too. He had a list of 25+ unknowns in a class of 300-ish.
HTH.
Old 10-24-2010 at 09:15 PM   #11
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Wait 'til the end of the course and look at your i-Clicker mark. If it's not 0, then you registered it properly

Old 11-01-2010 at 11:26 PM   #12
CrashPlague
Gravity is Just a Theory

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvindsouza View Post
This is actually a life-saver and so much easier and tracking down your prof and (inevitably) fiddling with the i-clicker module for half an hour.