Overpayment!!! ArielLeung Financial Aid 1 11-28-2011 07:07 PM
OSAP overpayment? zoyy General Discussion 3 08-12-2009 08:52 PM
OSAP overpayment? zoyy General Discussion 2 08-12-2009 08:18 PM

How do you pay off an overpayment?

Old 05-08-2014 at 04:54 PM   #1
MariamH

Liked: 0 Times

How do you pay off an overpayment?
Hi everyone, I'm posting a separate thread about overpayments. I got an overpayment so I'm wondering how you can pay that off. Can you do it online through NSLSC? I was told to call NSLSC directly but they didn't give me a helpful answer so can anyone please explain to me the process? Thank you so much.
Old 05-08-2014 at 04:55 PM   #2
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Yea, NSLSC is the one responsible for your actual loan, so payments are done through them. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I think you just got unlucky and had a incompetent representative, try calling again.
Old 05-14-2014 at 07:47 AM   #3
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Call up the Student Loan center and tell them you need to repay an overpayment. They will give you your account #.

Then go to your online banking and search for NSLC as Payee and enter that number and pay the overpayment amount. Or you could go into a branch and give them the account #.

That is the procedure I followed last year.
Old 05-14-2014 at 08:35 AM   #4
optical

Liked: 8 Times

I had a similar issue last year.
I called up the NSLC and spoke to their customer service. They told me my loan number and the exact amount of overpayment.

Then I just wrote a cheque to them with my loan number written on it and sent it to them.