MacInsiders Logo

What do you think happens when we die?

Old 02-04-2011 at 09:14 AM   #16
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

There is no way to know. Just live your life and let yourself die, and then you'll find out. Simple.

RyanC likes this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:25 AM   #17
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

There's no reason to fear death. Once you cease to exist you don't feel regret or pain or sadness or anything. Why fear sweet release?
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:30 AM   #18
melchizedek

Liked: 35 Times

but can we really be satisfied with something that we make up?
what i invent in my own head (ie. some idea of Heaven that includes Pokemon) has no relevance outside of my head...will it actually have any bearing on what actually happens?
i'm personally searching hard to find real answers that aren't my own invention...and i'm finding that actually studying the Bible with an open mind is pretty unsettling. very hard to think it was written by humans...it's unbelievably coherent and it makes a lot of questions like this (meaning of life, life after death) all make a lot of sense.
i've also looked into buddhism, baha'i, judaism, and i'm definitely learning a lot about islam but it's obvious that these religions are NOT compatible.
not trying to degrade the thread, but do other people look for answers elsewhere than their own imagination???

terrafirma likes this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:39 AM   #19
Drizzy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

life is just a show
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:44 AM   #20
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

If I die, the world would end.

Afzal likes this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:48 AM   #21
Drizzy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
If I die, the world would end.
if that happens i will give u 50 bucks

Afzal likes this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 11:40 AM   #22
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

what happens to organisms when they die? their remnants are recycled and life goes on. its all part of the cycle of life.
Old 02-04-2011 at 12:40 PM   #23
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Seems like majority aren't religious. lol
Old 02-04-2011 at 12:48 PM   #24
Juicebox

Liked: 179 Times

You know how you felt for all those years before you were born? Its very much like that.

Afzal, ShadowPlay like this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 01:49 PM   #25
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
There is no way to know. Just live your life and let yourself die, and then you'll find out. Simple.
Or if you're really curious, there are a few shortcuts you can take.

Afzal likes this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 02:41 PM   #26
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm conflicted.
I don't believe in any religion, heaven, etc. I wish I did - because I recently lost a loved one and I'm now realizing how much easier it would be if I believed in that stuff. Unfortunately, I simply don't.

On the other hand, I'm "agnostic" about ghosts.

So I don't believe that there is a God watching us and I don't think we go to heaven when we die. But I'm open to believing that something does happen to your mind/soul. I don't know what though.

jeboi7 says thanks to Kathy2 for this post.

jeboi7 likes this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 04:09 PM   #27
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I'm conflicted.
I don't believe in any religion, heaven, etc. I wish I did - because I recently lost a loved one and I'm now realizing how much easier it would be if I believed in that stuff. Unfortunately, I simply don't.

On the other hand, I'm "agnostic" about ghosts.

So I don't believe that there is a God watching us and I don't think we go to heaven when we die. But I'm open to believing that something does happen to your mind/soul. I don't know what though.
Meant to press "like" but accidently pressed "thanks" so you get both!

I agree with with you, it is hard to believe that God is watching over us. It bothers me when some people goes, "oh god is watching over me, I feel safe and blah blah blah" It is kind of ego-centric because if God was really watching over us, no one should suffer in the first place.
Old 02-04-2011 at 04:10 PM   #28
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
if that happens i will give u 50 bucks
He would forget the deal by then.
Old 02-04-2011 at 04:25 PM   #29
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
Meant to press "like" but accidently pressed "thanks" so you get both!

I agree with with you, it is hard to believe that God is watching over us. It bothers me when some people goes, "oh god is watching over me, I feel safe and blah blah blah" It is kind of ego-centric because if God was really watching over us, no one should suffer in the first place.
This reminds me of something I once heard:

An old woman lived by herself in a house in a village. News had spread that a flood was coming and everyone should evacuate. A neighbour came to the woman's house and offered to drive her out of town. She refused to leave, saying, "God will take care of me". So, the flood came and the woman was eventually forced to the second floor of her house, as the water level rose. A neighbour came by in a boat and offered to take the woman to safety. Once again, she refused to leave, saying, "God will take care of me". The water level kept rising, and eventually the woman had to go up onto her roof to avoid it. A rescue team came in a helicopter and threw down a rope ladder, telling the woman to come aboard. The woman still refused to go, saying, "God will take care of me". The helicopter left without her, but the water level continued to rise, and the woman had nowhere higher up to go, so she drowned. When she got to heaven, she was angry with God, and asked him, "why didn't you take care of me?" And he said, "I tried...what do you think the car, the boat and the helicopter were for?"

Old 02-04-2011 at 04:33 PM   #30
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
This reminds me of something I once heard:

An old woman lived by herself in a house in a village. News had spread that a flood was coming and everyone should evacuate. A neighbour came to the woman's house and offered to drive her out of town. She refused to leave, saying, "God will take care of me". So, the flood came and the woman was eventually forced to the second floor of her house, as the water level rose. A neighbour came by in a boat and offered to take the woman to safety. Once again, she refused to leave, saying, "God will take care of me". The water level kept rising, and eventually the woman had to go up onto her roof to avoid it. A rescue team came in a helicopter and threw down a rope ladder, telling the woman to come aboard. The woman still refused to go, saying, "God will take care of me". The helicopter left without her, but the water level continued to rise, and the woman had nowhere higher up to go, so she drowned. When she got to heaven, she was angry with God, and asked him, "why didn't you take care of me?" And he said, "I tried...what do you think the car, the boat and the helicopter were for?"
Ohh, I just recently read this. So very true. Especially about the whole fate/destiny versus we decide our own future argument.

As for the OP. I am religious so I do believe in the afterlife and whatnot. I just can't imagine a life of nothingness after death.