MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$5 for $10 worth of Starbucks money!!!! smarties13 Student Deals & Discounts 12 01-18-2013 04:33 PM

What do you think about success+fame+money? Is it worth it? (Hollywood or not)

Old 04-07-2013 at 02:12 PM   #1
HiddenTruth

Liked: 1 Time

What do you think about success+fame+money? Is it worth it? (Hollywood or not)
So yeah, what do you think about Fame and money? is it worth being famous yet rich and successful?

and also would you take the chance if you could?

i am specifically referring to the Hollywood music and acting industry but i guess we could discuss it from that perspective and others as well

and by famous yes i mean being chased everywhere by paparazzi and all that "good" stuff lol
also the fact that growing up in the public eye and having a family that grows up in the public eye. Im also unsure if most famous people would end up lonely cuz I could see why it would be hard to have anyone outside of the business after you've been in there for a while as its a fast paced industry and you have little time to keep in touch with many outside people (im referring to Hollywood here).

Anyways, so yeah what do you guys think?
and what do you classify as being SUCCESSFUL? cuz i think that would be subjective

Curious about what other people think about this topic
Old 04-07-2013 at 02:23 PM   #2
eddiemurphy
Account Locked

Liked: 35 Times

I would love it. millions of dollars, houses, cars, women.... and the only downside is people taking picture of you all the time? i'd sign up.... however im not down with the illuminati, or do not worship baphomet. which means i would probably be targeted for assassination beacause i would use my fame to tell everyone 9/11 was an inside job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nOak...ature=youtu.be

heygoodlookin, RyanC like this.
Old 04-07-2013 at 02:45 PM   #3
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

If I could use my $$ and fame to help people, then, yes, I would.
I'd start a research hospital like Sick Kids...and a foundation like Make a Wish...and give lots of charity concerts and talks and things...
Old 04-07-2013 at 04:12 PM   #4
nanotech471

Liked: 11 Times

don't know about fame :/
money yes and success yes.
but the success would have to be defined on my family, career and growth not just on financials.
Old 04-07-2013 at 04:56 PM   #5
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
If I could use my $$ and fame to help people, then, yes, I would.
I'd start a research hospital like Sick Kids...and a foundation like Make a Wish...and give lots of charity concerts and talks and things...
Ladies and Gentlemen, the one and only OPRAH WINFREY
Old 04-07-2013 at 05:53 PM   #6
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, the one and only OPRAH WINFREY
Don't insult me.
Old 04-07-2013 at 07:22 PM   #7
Ponyo

Liked: 278 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Don't insult me.
it's a compliment, she is generous

Zebedee likes this.
Old 04-07-2013 at 09:34 PM   #8
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
it's a compliment, she is generous
depends who you ask:p
And i tend to think her "generosity" is more of last resort to fill the seats when she had her show. its like an audience full of seals just clapping their fins together whenever they get free stuff

Zebedee says thanks to Chris23 for this post.