MacInsiders Logo

What do you use as an organizer?

Old 08-20-2010 at 12:10 AM   #16
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

I use MS Outlook and sync it to my Blackberry. I started using it just because it came with the Microsoft Office student bundle of programs and I'm really happy with it. You can categorize and colour code everything which makes it really easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. I'll have categories for due dates, lecture times, meetings, work stuff, etc and I'll colour code everything so I can easy glance at it and see what's coming up. You can do the same with the Tasks section and Outlook will sort and integrate everything into your calender for you. Pretty solid.

I also LOVE MS OneNote. Fabulous program, I couldn't live without it. It's fantastic for taking notes, organizing important documents and writing quick notes to yourself.

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 08-20-2010 at 12:18 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
My head. Very seldom do I forget something and, even if I do, it comes back with at least a night or more left until due date.
I used to do that, but sometimes I remember things a bit too late. The ridiculous thing is that if I write it down I won't forget it, but I don't need to read what I wrote down at the same time. So it feels as if I'm writing things down for no reason.
Old 08-20-2010 at 01:00 AM   #18
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

I use that whiteboard calendar thing the MSU hands out each year. Its perfect. Been using it the past 2 years.
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:26 AM   #19
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I used to do that, but sometimes I remember things a bit too late. The ridiculous thing is that if I write it down I won't forget it, but I don't need to read what I wrote down at the same time. So it feels as if I'm writing things down for no reason.
Telling yourself that you need to write something down helps me remember.... lol
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:42 AM   #20
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times

Frank Believes
I use an ipod app. called SaiSuke. It automatically links to google calender when in range of an internet connection. That way at home I have a full calendar all set up to go with due dates, meetings, tests, hockey schedule and whatever events I need to be going to.

Works for me
Old 08-20-2010 at 10:37 AM   #21
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

I still like using an agenda, but I think I will give Google Calendar a try this year as well. I had to use it during the summer and I liked it.